Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Dieu Cay (For thuoc lao)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
From reading Jessica's thesis it would appear all rustica is low alkaloid. Unless heavily fertilized with N. I've read big tobacco documents that were researching various strains ability to extract N from the soil and convert it to vitamin N. Rustica might just be exceptionally good at this, hence the hard time color curing.

So what I think, and I could be totally wrong, but the thuoc might just be heavily doused with nitrogen to make it powerful.

TheOtherOne

Well, that's completely contrary to what I've observed. I have been growing rustica a few years, and only started growing domestic tobacco last year. I don't fertilize, I use compost, yet my rustica was far stronger than any other strain.

Obviously I must be doing it wrong.:rolleyes:

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
I dunno, her grow was to flue cured standards and fert regimen. It is contrary, but it had lab testing to back it up.

I thought it odd but am in no position to dispute her thesis.

TheOtherOne

Had you thought maybe the MAOI content had something to do with the supposed high nicotine content we enjoy? It would make sense seeing as even small amounts add a kick to domestic blends.

Jpcouling

I could see the MAOI content playing a function. I too find Rustica to be very potent! I just had a bowl of 3/4th Sherazi with 1/4 rustica and I am feeling it much more than just straight Sherazi. I even find that one hit of Rustica is pretty overwhelming! All subjective experience, but Rustica really does seem to have a different set of rules!

TheOtherOne

The other reason I think this may be true is certain MAOI will change the affect of an alkaloid. This seems to be true of the "falling to hell" affect the rustica can sometimes have.

Oh, and JP if this was the pipe you where referring to me making, it's not one of the throwaway wood pipes I was talking about. I'm gonna get some bamboo from the Thai lady next door, and add a metal bowl piece I already have. (woo, back to the original topic :p) Do y'all think treating it would be a good or bad idea?

Jpcouling

The other reason I think this may be true is certain MAOI will change the affect of an alkaloid. This seems to be true of the "falling to hell" affect the rustica can sometimes have.

Oh, and JP if this was the pipe you where referring to me making, it's not one of the throwaway wood pipes I was talking about. I'm gonna get some bamboo from the Thai lady next door, and add a metal bowl piece I already have. (woo, back to the original topic :p) Do y'all think treating it would be a good or bad idea?

haha "falling to hell" yeah I like that! so yeah I like the idea, I am considering making one too! no this definitely wouldn't be a throw away pipe!

TheOtherOne

I'm thinking about taking the pink heart out of a big peeler of douglas fir, and making basically a hollow tube and treating it with some water seal. I think it'd be a very fine looking base to put my steel bowl on, but I don't know if that would be a safe option.

manhattan

Banned
Yeah, but the stuff's only about an inch thick,I know where there's some very large bamboo, maybe I can talk to the owner of the plant about getting a cane, it's huge.

Hi Pals, I am from Vietnam and just read your thread so I register (just away) I shipped thuoc lao tobacco and pipes to USA, EU,AUS - no problem. Also I shipped pipes and thuoc lao to ***email deleted*** quite long time ago, also to other guys in US mostly.
If you need the best premium tobacco and pipes pls write email to ***email deleted*** I can arrange it. thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
Nice to meet You manhattan, Welcome to the site. Feel free to post on the sales blog with Your pipes. Please Relate the Tobacco to Don or the Mods here. The tobacco is second to none here is why I asked. Nice pipes sir.

manhattan

Banned
Yes it would be very awesome if we could get some thuoc Lao on the WLT site!
Yeah, sure, often I see people are interested and have difficulties buying Thuoc Lao samples, anyway why not try the tobacco then? I will do what I can help

manhattan

Banned
Nice to meet You manhattan, Welcome to the site. Feel free to post on the sales blog with Your pipes. Please Relate the Tobacco to Don or the Mods here. The tobacco is second to none here is why I asked. Nice pipes sir.

HI Mad Oshea, yes I definetly want to post some pics about bamboo pipes and various types of premium thuoc lao on sales blog, can you guide me through/ advices? thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.