Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Review: BigBonner's Cigar Roller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Well here's my review: First off, this thing is one of the finest pieces of equipment I've seen in a long time! BigB should quit his day job and become a metal fabricator, this thing is first class all the way.

Initially I had trouble rolling a tight cigar. An email to BigB straightened me out. There is a thumb screw that adjusts for the diameter of the cigar. Once I had that figured out I was on a roll (really!). This is so incredibly easy to use. I only made about a dozen cigars but if I had to guess I'd say you could easily make about 30 cigars an hour.

If any of you haven't requested a trial of this machine I highly recommend doing so. Hats of to BigBonner!.. Thank You!

Randy

well here's the part where I was going to add some pictures but I have a brand spanking new computer (1 week old) and I have yet to figure how to reduce the 5MB picture down to a smaller size... I'll try tomorrow..:(

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Thanks Knucks.....
Roller.jpg

I took a few more, I'll try to post those later on.
The table and the top were just scraps I had laying around the work shop.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I don't understand why you couldn't put the table on top of the tile. Did the table slide around too much?

You must have a very understanding wife.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
You must have a very understanding wife.

You noticed that huh? Yes my wife is understanding but her patience is running out. 3 years ago I gutted my roof and re designed the porch overhang. I had so much debris that I had a dumpster delivered. I figured the next project was going to be to replace the tiles in the kitchen so I dug most of them up while I had a nice big dumpster to toss them into. That was 3 years ago... I am going to get to that floor next month.... maybe.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Like this?
These were rolled on the "Larryman" roller, I then added some shade grown Florida Sumatra wrapper

Were the wrappers applied with the Larryman Device also? Those are some fine looking cigars. They look as good as cigars pressed in a mold.

DGBAMA

Look very nice. Are a couple wrappers inside-out? Veins look prominent?

No matter though, all's well that smokes well. :)

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Good eye. Yes 2 of them I rolled "inside out" A good roller should be able to roll left handed and right handed to make the best use of the veins. I had a dozen to wrap and was probably in too much of a hurry.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Were the wrappers applied with the Larryman Device also? Those are some fine looking cigars. They look as good as cigars pressed in a mold.

No, I hand rolled the wrappers. I meant to try the wrappers with the Larryman but forgot, maybe Brown Thumb can give it a try. He should me Mr Roll Master come Thursday.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Someone take some pictures that I can use on the website and I'll list them. A video would be nice too.

That would have to be Brown Thumb or the next guy in line. I have this thing back in its crate waiting for UPS. BigB has a Youtube video that might be what your looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.