Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

J.P.'s 2014 Grow Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
The baskets are a great idea for a green house. Wish I figured something like that.Looks like You even have room for a worm farm or two below. You must have a large spread for all of Your plants. They look good (even on their side)

Jpcouling

Not sure which baskets you are referring to mad Oshea. The big tanks Are full of tilapia that keep the upper beds fertilized

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Professional looking set up there. I've been thinking about putting some tilapia in my pond in the summer.

I'd like to see more of your set up. Maybe start a hydroponics thread? Using live fish for fertilizer is really cool.

Jpcouling

Here are a few more pics of the property and the little doggie crashed out. Where to put the tobacco has yet to be decided but we have been clearing and moving stuff everyday to get the veggie garden and greenhouse tower aquaponics running, but the tobacco will not be neglected!

photo 1.jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 4.jpg

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Are you posting from a phone or your computer? If you are posting from your computer, double click the picture and there will be a rotate button at the bottom. Rotate it around and save it. A smart phone? I dunno.

Jpcouling

Any advice on the most effective way to harden seedlings? I need to thin them soon and start to get them acclimated to outdoor weather

Jpcouling

Good so far, still hanging out in the basement with all the other stuff. I will start thinning this week and then hardening them off in the weeks to come. I still have yet to germinate the vuelta abajo or orinoco because they haven't come yet, got em from skychaser

Jpcouling

Ok so we have moved just about everything from the basement in to the greenhouse. I have transplanted quite a few of each variety in to bigger pots, solo cups, all marked. I think this year I will grow all the interesting varieties I want and that will take with a base of 15-20 of burley and virginia. I love Shirazi, very interested in the Red Russian, Orinoco, Vuelta Abajo, African Red, and Dogon African. Here are some pics of the greenhouse, you can see some of the burley and virginia seedlings all packed together in a tray, not perfect but it is working out fine. Sorry again for the sideways view guys, I'm uploading off my computer but I can't seem to find a fix.
photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPGphoto 3.JPG

AmaxB

Hi J.P.
That Red Russian sounds interesting hope you'll keep us up to date with photos. I grew the African Red (grin listed as Red Tobacco) last year and got some nice plants 9 - 10 feet after cure tried a leaf, it was spicy. Don't know what it will be like today.

Jpcouling

Your original post on African red is what got me interested! I love the spicier stuff. Yes I will be posting photos through the season. We have been doing plotting and it seems like most of the vegetables will be going on raised bed, much of the soil mixes between sand and clay. Does tobacco do well on sandier stuff? I am sure loamy soil is optimum but if I don't have enough space on the beds will sandier soil suffice?

AmaxB

Dug these African Red photos out of my files to give you a preview. The leaf cures to a very nice gold, the solo leaf was high mid stalk. Tip leaves can give a nic kick.
African Bunch.JPGAfrican Leaf.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.