Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Thuoc Lao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jpcouling

So in my quest for the stronger tobaccos, I came across Thuoc Lao. It is a variety grown in Vietnam with its own culture of smoking it in a bamboo water pipe. There has been a lot of confusion stating that it is Rustica, but after gathering information including speaking with Khaibong, I believe it is a tabacum. He says there is a different process in curing, which I believe may have to do with fire curing. He tried to give me Vietnamese translation of the process but none of the translators did it any justice. Anyways, I just found another picture on some obscure "no smoking" website. Totally looks like tabacum, height, color of flowers, etc. If anyone has tried Thuoc Lao, knows about it, grows it, please post on here. I want to compile more information! And, if anyone has samples please send them to me for analysis :)

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
That is definitely no rustica. With all the suckers it has and the shape of the leaf I wouldn't be surprised if it was ti464 but I only day that cause I grew it and I can't ID varieties for crap hehe

Jpcouling

That is definitely no rustica. With all the suckers it has and the shape of the leaf I wouldn't be surprised if it was ti464 but I only day that cause I grew it and I can't ID varieties for crap hehe

Yep definitely not a rustica, I think that the Vietnamese May fire cure thuoc Lao. Not sure about it though

Jpcouling

Thanks for the pic manhattan. Looks like there may be two or more types of tobacco grown for thuoc lao? This is very confusing for many of us as we can't speak Vietnamese! Perhaps you could answer that manhattan, do you grow several types of tobacco for thuoc lao smoking?

manhattan

Banned
Thanks for the pic manhattan. Looks like there may be two or more types of tobacco grown for thuoc lao? This is very confusing for many of us as we can't speak Vietnamese! Perhaps you could answer that manhattan, do you grow several types of tobacco for thuoc lao smoking?

Yeah, the thuoc lao tobacco growing here for quite a long time. Each locations here famous for quality thuoc lao is diffrent in weather, soil condition... to produce diffrent smoking effects, some famous for smoothness but some famous for strong, body buzz effects. Unfortunately I do not grow tobacco through. If you need clarification at some points I am happy to help.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Only Leaf Tobacco (unprocessed tobacco) can be offered on this site and it must be in the proper forum and in the proper format.

Do not post pictures or links to processed tobacco you are selling.

Jpcouling

Ok just got a sample of thuoc Lao from a medwakh online store, will post a review here when I get to it in a few days!

Status
Not open for further replies.