Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Thank you all

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojjas

I wish to thank you all members of fairtradetobacco forum , nobody mentioned, nobody forgotten
The reason is what you all have helped me and taught me by sharing your skills and info about growing , handling , recepies and much much more
I also would like thank Don and WLT for provide me with no:1 quality tobacco leafs
Whit out your help , i did not come this far

And this is the story
A time ago , i come across the thre nuns pipetobacco recepi , and i began searching for sombody who could describe for me the character properties of three nuns tobacco . And one of the people i contact was the author of boks , Scandinavian Pipemakers and Bo Nordh Pipemaker , Jan Andersson http://www.briarbooks.com/Scandinavian_Pipemakers.html
http://www.briarbooks.com/Bo_Nordh_Pipemaker_XR.html
he is also the secretary of the swedish pipe club and editor of the swedish pipe club magazine "Smoke Rings"
He became a little curious why i asking and and i told him what was tobacco hobby grower and hobby pipe tobacco blender , he cuold not help me with the three nuns question , but he was interested to know more about me ,and to try some samples of my home made pipe tobacco

I send the samples to him before cristmas , he smoked them and became more curius and contacted me a couple weeks later , and say that he want to do an article about me and what was doing and publish this in the smoke rings magazine

Unfortunately this magazine is not published att with its whole content on the web , and only a wery tiny part of it is in english http://www.svenskapipklubben.se/en/?p=880#more-880

And this is what i considered , you all have had an great part in this
Thank you all

jojjas
Mikael Johansson

Attachments

• pipklubben1.pdf
    230.2 KB · Views: 49
  • pipklubben2.pdf
    201.1 KB · Views: 37

Brown Thumb

Congrats. I wish I could read it. Can Anyone convert it to English.
BT

leverhead

This is from Google translate, first page, first column. The first half is butchered, the rest sounds pretty good.

NOE more feminine jomfru .
Marit was the motivation Sjons course in Oslo
yesterday. Overnatter with his datter . The passport veldig
good. On the food ble jeg in stand til , output
konkurranse , on vie my new jomfru all the
oppmerksomhet hun deserved . ( it is lenge
silk it has Flyttet a jornfru inn at meg )
A jomfru as shell get great level of Kjærlighet
og hot pleie . It s sikkert noe in the
old Ordtak on at "you get as you turn ."
Selvester a jomfru , or spesielt enjomfru , lives
At the end of last year I received an email that
began : "I am mixing tobacco and
could say interesting hobby , I have
never had ... "
Naturally , I was curious , but not very
expectant. I have encountered " home mixers "
a number of times before and
never been particularly enthusiastic about what they
accomplished. After a further part of ratios
by mail fickjag was clear to me that
this was a man who knew what he busied
with . Then he slightly later sent me a
number of specimens of their blends , I was
really impressed. This was tobacco
the highest class! And just as a chef can
cook a good dish of poor ingredients , can
one does not achieve such mixtures
but raw tobacco of the highest quality.
My curiosity was aroused seriously. I
simply have to find out where this
man get their ingredients and how he
working .

jojjas

Hey boys
The leverhead translate is quite good but little bit chop up by google
I am working on a translated text to this article but , i am realy not on friendley terms with the keybord of my computor and neither find right words in english . But hold on , it comming

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Review of two of Jojjas' pipe blends

Knucklehead forwarded to me two small samples of Jojjas' pipe blends. Thank you to both Knucks and Jojjas. I should point out that I seldom smoke aromatic pipe blends, so I can't really compare these to any specific factory product.

FVF: "Full Virginia Flake"
Flake is a fine slice of well adhered press cake. Each flake measures about 1" x 2". It appears to be entirely medium-dark brown. The pouch aroma is a subtle, dessert-like, carob aroma. Since it arrived a bit too moist for me, I allowed it to dry, then rubbed out a half flake into a small meerschaum bowl. It lights well, and burns slowly, producing a gray-white ash. Strength is medium. The taste is similar to creme soda, with a slight tang. Smoke is dense. Room note (I left the room, ventured outside for a few minutes, then returned.) is a mild prune.

F10: "Virginia, Oriental, Perique Flake"
Flake is similar, though a slightly lighter-colored brown, with streaks of blond leaf. Pouch aroma is warm and soft, with no identifiable components. I also dried the F10 a bit before smoking. Again, I rubbed out a half flake into the meerschaum pipe. It lights easily, burns a little bit faster, and produces a fine, white ash. Although the nicotine seems higher to me (probably the Perique's doing), the overall sense is that it is not as robust as the FVF. The taste is pleasant, with no bite. The smoke is not quite as dense. Its room note is pleasing, and seems more neutral. The casing of F10 is brilliantly subtle.

Both of these blends are convincingly professional in their presentation and their smoking qualities. Had I purchased these with the name of a renowned manufacturer of fine tobaccos printed on the container, I would not have been disappointed.

So, congratulations to Jojjas for his efforts, and the maturity of his blending craft.

Bob

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Nice review, Bob, thank you. I have enjoyed my samples very much. I wish I had the language skills to do justice to these fine tobacco blends but I don't. Reading Bob's review, I'm thinking "that's what I'm tasting alright", but I just can't express it as eloquently as it needed to be stated. I parted with a portion of my closely hoarded stash because I knew a guy that could describe the flavors very well and Bob did a fine job.

Thank you jojjas. You are a very talented blender. (PS- I'm running low, wink, wink)

jojjas

Thank you very very much boys , you make blush.
Hey Knucks , keep an eye at your mailbox , maybe an surprise will show up:cool: , we cant have that order that you are running low on such items :p , the F10 is out of stock for the moment , i send out to those who wanted an sample here in sweden on the international pipesmoking day , and they wanted to taste it , almost 1 lbs was sent away , but a new batch is under processing but it will take some time to get it in good smokable condition

jojjas
Mikael

DonH

Jojjas, Knucks sent me three of your blends. Excellent job! I tested the Virginia Flake, NB, and the Darkest Hour. The NB and Darkest Hour are superb. The NB is an excellent English blend and Darkest Hour is a dark Latakia blend. Very smooth and balanced. The Virginia Flake was good, too, but I'm not as big a fan of that style due to tongue bite. I'm sure aging would fix that. I would be extremely happy with the other two if I spent a lot of money on them at the tobacconist.

I'll have to do some more testing to see which is my favorite, but right now it's Darkest Hour.

quo155

[h=2]I use Firefox and the page is easily readable for me, hoping this helps you that could not read the article:

(I highlighted in BLUE the text that is about Jojjas)

Rökringar (Smoke Rings) no. 92 February 2014[/h]
The beautiful calebash pipe on the cover was made by the well-known Danish pipemaker Tom Eltang. It was made from ivory, but I want to point out that the ivory used is very old, registered and legally bought and has nothing to do with today’s illegal trade with that material. More pictures of this magnificent set are found inside, there are six heads from different materials and three stems. The metal work was made in 22-carat gold. The set has now found a new home in Russia.

We are fortunate to have several members in our neighbor countries, but seldom have an opportunity to meet most of them. But last fall we were lucky to welcome Knut Hagen and his brother Kåre from Norway for a visit here in the southern part of Sweden. Our vice president, Bengt Carlson, and I was there to welcome them and we met in the workshop of Vollmer & Nilsson in Malmö. There they, among other things, got a demonstration how a pipe is made. After that we all went to Lars Jönsson in Lomma (Lomma pipes) to see more pipes and of course a lot of “pipe-talk”. We all enjoyed this day and hope they will visit us again in a near future.

Making a blend of one’s own has always interested many pipesmokers. However, frankly, my experience is that the result often is poor. But a few months ago, I got some samples from one of our members, Mikael Johansson, and I certainly was surprised. They were excellent and I understood that the first requirement to make blends like that is to have raw tobacco of the very best quality. I just had to know more about that, so naturally I contacted him. I was told that he bought the tobacco leaves from a dealer in the USA, specializing in high quality tobacco grown by small farmers, farmers more interested in quality than quantity. He had also learned a lot about the complete process and has contacts with many other enthusiasts in different parts of the world. He, however, points out that it is strictly a hobby of his and he has no intensions to start blending on a large scale.

The trade with estate pipes is not common in Europe and therefor I was both glad and surprised when I heard about a shop in Malmö, who had quite a large selection of used pipes for sale. As far as we know that is the first shop in Sweden selling that type of pipes. The pipes have been carefully refurbished by a reputed pipemaker and I was told that the sale has been very successful.

We have a lot about pipesmokers in literature in this issue. A new book about Sir Arthur Conan Doyle was released late last year. Before reading it I thought I knew quite a lot about the author, but having finished the book I am well aware of how little I really knew. A real treat for anyone interested in Sherlock Holmes and the man behind it. As far as I know it is only available in Swedish and the title is “Från Holmes to Sherlock”. Furthermore we have a lot of interesting and funny quotes from some Swedish detective stories.

We also have a funny story about, what we could call a “Pipe-schwein”, some tobacco reviews and a lot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.