Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Rick's 2014 Grow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickey60

This is my second year grow. Last year I only grew 8 burley plants, 4 in large pots and 4 in the garden.
This year i have made room in the garden for 300 plants. I got my seed started on March 13th. I planted seed direct to each cell in 128 cell flats. They are under lights in my small greenhouse. Thanks to everyone who sent me seed for my grow.
This is what i will grow.
Yellow Twist Bud
Virginia Bright
Silver River
African Red
Catterton
Lonnie's Havanah
Izmir
Bursa
This will be used for my cigarette blends.
Rick

POGreen

All the best to you and your grow Rickey !
I just make snus so I don't know that much about varieties......:rolleyes:

Rickey60

Thanks everyone. Yeah, I think I will be busy, but it's a good kind of busy. I just hope I can keep up at harvest time. Lol
None of this would be possible without all of you, seeds, information, and a few good laughs along the way.
Good growing to all.

rainmax

Founding Member
From humble beginnings ..... That's a good looking list for cigarettes!

And you could roll a cigar too...

Thanks everyone. Yeah, I think I will be busy, but it's a good kind of busy. I just hope I can keep up at harvest time. Lol
None of this would be possible without all of you, seeds, information, and a few good laughs along the way.
Good growing to all.

If you only grow for cigarettes you could try few plants of Prilep. You won't be sorry. I can send you some seed if it's not too late but probably better you order some seedlings from bigbonner when it's time.
GOOD luck with you second grow...

Rickey60

Thanks for the offer Maks. If I follow in the footsteps of most here I will be growing 30+ varietys next year. Lol

rainmax

Founding Member
Thanks for the offer Maks. If I follow in the footsteps of most here I will be growing 30+ varietys next year. Lol

Why not? If you have space for 300 plants you could be growing at least 12 if not 20. It is going to be a good season.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Best of luck with your season Ricky. You've been a good addition to the forum. I'm looking forward to your grow blog as the season progresses.

DGBAMA

Well Set up.

Pics are good. We enjoy them now and you will find the visual timeline useful reference next season.

As long a the soil surface stays most, you will have sprouts before you know it!

Rickey60

Update:
All my seed came up in a 7 to 10 day range with the VBL first to come up. At one week I thined the VBL to only 2 per cell and used the extra to plant another 128 cell pack. I will thin all the others later this week. I also added another 2 tube light fixture over them for extra light. Everything looks good so far. The only thing that worries me is the fact that the growing mix seems tobeholding more moisture tjan i would like. I watered from the bottom just before i planted the seed almost 3 weeks ago and it seems to be just as wet now as it did when i planted. I don't want any damp off. I will add some pictures sometime thjis week. Good luck to everyone.

DonH

Once the roots and plants get bigger they'll absorb all the water. After they sprout you should also take or the tray covers if you haven't already. Otherwise the sprout could rot.

Rickey60

OK, planted on March 11th, germinated on the 19th. These are after thinning out to 2 or 3 plants per cell and adding a flat of transplants for backups.

IMG_20140327_133523.jpgIMG_20140327_133435.jpgIMG_20140327_133121.jpg

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Looks good from here. Is that green stuff algae? Might help to get some air stirring in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.