Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hello from W Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Yup,I thought it probably would, my only concern is, I'm usually in the Lbk only on weekends. I figure the young plants will need watering more than that. I'm Moving closer to make the plunge. Any recommendations on types? Besides the Virginias.

You can use a float tray system and the plants will have plenty of water while you are gone. BigBonner sells the float trays: http://fairtradetobacco.com/threads/18-Tell-me-about-float-tray-systems

Here's a picture of the float tray set up I started out with last year. The styrofoam trays actually float on 3-4 inches of water with fertilizer in the water.

attachment.php

For cigarettes, you can keep it simple with a Virginia, a Burley and an Oriental like Izmir. Something like 55- 60% flue cure, 30% Burley, 10-15% Oriental. For more stength use more burley, for more smoothness use more Virginia or Oriental. I currently smoke a blend of 40% Flue Cure (Virginia), 20% Burley, 20% Maryland, 10% Dark Air Cured, 10% Oriental (Izmir Ozbas). There are some advantages to trying the cigarette blend at www.wholeleaftobacco.com, you get familiar with handling whole leaf, you get to experiement with blends, and when you know which blends you like, you'll know which tobaccos to grow. Depending on what you are paying for tobacco now, you can also start saving money immediately.

BriarRabbit

Welcome to the forum BKTx from a fellow Texan. I'm only about 5 hours east of you in Ft Worth. I'm still trying to figure all this stuff out. I smoke a briar and prefer a flake cut. Lots to learn and folks here are good about advice, sharing blend "recipe's" and methods etc.

AmaxB

Your all rite BKtx salt of the earth kind of guy. You'll fit right in here....
We can all tell ya lots of things but what you like is what matters. I'd say read up and fool around with it, you will find what you really like.
Leave all that store tobacco behind there is nothing like leaf for a good smoke. Myself I will never go back to store bought sticks or store bought shred I'm leaf all the way.
I don't think a good blend needs to be a shopping list, you'll figure it out. I grew last year and learned a lot, did pretty good to and may grew again don't know - buying easy.
You'll find all ya need here from intel to spare parts even a laugh or two. Your in the right place... call this HOME grab a beer put your reading glasses on and settle in.

But do check your bank account and get a good shredder if your going to be staying with the leaf and burn more than a few a day.

BKtx

Thanks for all the welcomes,again lol. Amax,I been reading some of the threads on kilning, you and several other fellers sure do add a lot of knowledge to that subject.i've been using Dons baccy, not the blends, wanted to experiment and find that sweet spot. Thinking maybe the kiln method might bump the experience to another level. Thanks to all for your contributions to the forum, good bunch of folks on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.