Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Urea Free Water Soluble Fertilizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Jitterbugdude recommended this fertilizer to me last year and a link was posted in a couple of threads. I thought it's own thread would make it easier to find. I used it last year after my seedling soil ran out of nutrients and I was very pleased with the results. No chance of Urea poisoning is a big plus. It's 20-10-20, which I think is the same numbers that BigBonner uses for his float trays. I dosed this years starts with some Epsom Salts three or fours days ago after the soil ran out of nutrients and the starts began to yellow. They have greened back up but I'll begin using this fertilizer about every other watering beginning tonight. I have a TDS meter (total dissolved solids) to check the strength of the fertilizer before I add it to the trays.

20-10-20 Urea Free Water Soluble Fertilizer: http://search.cartserver.com/search...nventory&maxhits=&bool=AND&keywords=urea+free (Shipping is about the same as the cost of one container so I bought two containers, shipping was the same for two as for one)

BigBonner uses a Hanna brand meter, but it's over $100.00. As a hobbyist, I opted for the same brand, but a cheaper meter: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hanna-Teste...297730?pt=US_Garden_Tools&hash=item27e0909ac2 (It comes with a calibration solution.)

To use the meter, test your water. Then add 700 parts per million to the reading of your water. If your water gives a reading of 200 you will want an after fertilizer reading of 900 ppm. If your water gives a reading of 120, you will want an after fertilizer reading of 820, etc.

DGBAMA

Thanks Knucks.

For miracle grow, note this: tobacco is NOT like tomatoes. After hearing the tomato comparison so many times and last year being my first with baccy, I went straight for the tomato formula fertilizer; glad I read the label first, as it had more urea content than the standard miracle grow fertilizer.

Rickey60

Knuck, I got some of the urea free from the link above. My question to you is, how much do you put in a gal of water for month old seedlings? My first watering with it I used 1/2 teaspoon.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
That sounds about right. I use a TDS meter and have the total dissolved solids at 900 for Burley and 750 for Virginias and Orientals. A half teaspoon is a pretty good estimate though. If they start to show a little yellow, try a tablespoon of epsom salts to a gallon of water and see what happens in 3-4 days before you increase the fertilizer.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
on my 2 personal reciepts of the n-p-k- status that ive delivered to 2 bacca farms, has no urea in the mix,

the nitrogen is 6 % , [ the npk is 6-6-18 with some trace elements,

but the 6 comes from 3% ammonical nitrogen
3% nitrate nitrogen..

allthough if i were making a float tray n-p-k-... id try to go with all natural ingrediants,,

items derived from seaweed... e.t.c.

ive been to a all liquid fertilizer plant,,, and the items this stuff is derived from is mindboggling,,,

but you know a organically grown item cost's more than the man made fertilized item.......

[ thanks knuck's for the seeds, ]

Status
Not open for further replies.