Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

worm casings

Status
Not open for further replies.

grgfinney

The wife doesnt want me to make a compost pile and neither does the landlord i will be moving after baccy season so i might have to buy some till i get settled again

Knucklehead

Founding Member
The Black Kow composted manure that Bob uses is around $7.00 - $9.00 per 50 lb. bag. The worm casings sound like they would cost $25.00 per 50 lb. bag and you're going to need several bags. Bob uses one 50 lb. bag per 30 sq. ft. of garden with the Black Kow. If this is your last year using these baccy patches, the extra expense for the worm casings will only benefit the next owners of the property after this year. I'm just throwing some figures out there so you can better decide for yourself.

oldbear

Living in a townhouse with only a patio I was still able to make a decent compost pile from a large rectangular plastic storage bin. I drilled large holes on the bottom for drainage and aeration, started with a shovelful of dirt and threw in a box of red worms. At times you could clearly hear the activity and my compost usually was reduced to dirt in a week. I kept the bin under a porch with a loose fitting lid and moved it to my current yard when I relocated.

Oldbear

Status
Not open for further replies.