Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Tobacco plants

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBonner

Founding Member
This year ( 2012) Im planning on raising plants to sell . I have obtained a wealth of seeds from a great source .

If anyone is interested in pre ordering plants let me know . I will post a list of what I will be raising in my green house a little later .

DrBob

Founding Member
Are you going to have any yellow twist bud? I am definitely getting seedlings from you this year. I have heard good things about ytb and would like to plant that. 100 yelllow twist bud, 100 cc13 virginia,100burley for sure. Probably more
Bob

BigBonner

Founding Member
Bob

I thought you grew a 10 year supply last year . Throw some back and let it age naturally .

I will have to see if I can find some YTB seeds .

I need to sit down and make a list of all the varietys of seed I do have .

So did you like the cc13 from last year ?
I thought they were good .

DrBob

Founding Member
The cc 13 was good, I would grow that again. as for the burley I would prefer n126 again it grows perfectly and is quite mild. It colored up well this year and should be good to go in april with minimal curing.
Yes I do have a bunch hanging, and that is what is gonna do.... hang there and hang some more. ytb aint no big deal as I like what I have
Bob

BarG

Founding Member
This year ( 2012) Im planning on raising plants to sell . I have obtained a wealth of seeds from a great source .

If anyone is interested in pre ordering plants let me know . I will post a list of what I will be raising in my green house a little later .

BigBonner, Are you still planning on making seedlings available, if so when would be the best time to order.

BarG

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
thier is a market for them,

ive made 70 bucks selling some of mine locally,,,

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Wonder who will have the next Homestead Tobacco.

Apparently that is how the tomato of the same name got it's name. A ton of starts.

BigBonner

Founding Member
My plants are growing slow . It has frosted the last two nights . If it warms up some they will grow quicker . Hopefully they will be ready the first part of May . Seems like they are taking forever this year to grow .

Good warm sunshine and warm weather will make them grow healthy .

wazzappenning

mine are only an inch high w/ 2 leaves. lakota tells me only 7 weeks till planting so i guess im ok. in the event that my seedlings fail, i wonder how a live tobacco seedling would be handled at the border?

johnlee1933

Founding Member
My plants are growing slow . It has frosted the last two nights . If it warms up some they will grow quicker . Hopefully they will be ready the first part of May . Seems like they are taking forever this year to grow .

Good warm sunshine and warm weather will make them grow healthy .

Mine are real slow too. May end up buying some of yours.

John

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
My Jalapa has reached 4". It's currently the fastest growing. This is interesting, since the ARS-GRIN observations say that it matures in only 38 days after transplant. The Jalapa is now 4 weeks post germination.

Bob

BarG

Founding Member
Since everyone south of I-76 in Ohio is from the south, I make a motion that Ohio be accepted into the Confederacy.

Hell Yea FmGrowit!!! Welcome, Realy glad to have ya join us southerners:D. Of course it would take 16 Yrs. of being in Texas for anyone not born here to become a Texan. I'm still a couple weeks away to show my do overs.

Steve2md

AZ born and bred, although we only had one battle of the War of Northern Aggression here, we are still a proud Southern state.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
well i wouldnt suggest visiting my grow journal no time soon,

'' IM PLANTED''

pics tonight<

indianjoe

Founding Member
Good for you Chicken!
I've got a hundred or so 12" and plenty ready to join the others in the ground, but got relatives in the hospital and cannot get too plant til later in the week. I planted 40 or so two weeks ago and aready fighting the pests.

Status
Not open for further replies.