Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

CHICKENS 2014 Grow Log ( 4th year growing )

Status
Not open for further replies.

DGBAMA

that is harsh to hear. hurts to think about. On the bright side, while the new ones are starting you have more time to make the patch bigger. lol.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
thanks for the seed offers guy's..

i been flushing the soil in my starter trays real good....about 4 times daily,,

so i know the toxin is gone,

and tomorrow evening after church,,, im gonna pull out all my seeds, and see where, were at...

if anyone has a VIRGINIA type, of seed,,, i'd be intrested in that,,,,

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
that is harsh to hear. hurts to think about. On the bright side, while the new ones are starting you have more time to make the patch bigger. lol.

thats exactlly what im gonna do tomorrow,,,,, i brought a dinosaur of a tiller back to life,,,

by using parts from all types of tillers, to make 1 badass, rooting tool.. i believe ive finally got all the bug's worked out of it,,, it runs and digs very well...

tomorrow im gonna get the grinder and sharpen the tines up real good,,,

i have a lot of space to bust up.... about 5 different plots,,

1 strictlly for bacca....

1 for the cukes, watermelons,, cantalope,,

1 for the corn,, beans,, maters,,,

e.t.c.

my future bacca spot is actually pretty good in size,,,

but im suffering from low water pressure, the pump here, is very old

DGBAMA

thanks for the seed offers guy's..

i been flushing the soil in my starter trays real good....about 4 times daily,,

so i know the toxin is gone,

and tomorrow evening after church,,, im gonna pull out all my seeds, and see where, were at...

if anyone has a VIRGINIA type, of seed,,, i'd be intrested in that,,,,

I have a BUNCH of VA Gold, from last year grow. Just say the word.

Indianamac

Chicken,

I have extra cigar type seeds.

CT. Broadleaf-CT. Shade-Criollo 98-FL Smatra-Havana 608-Habano 2000-Lancaster Seedleaf-Penn. Red-Little Dutch- Indian Black. If you need'em to get back on your feet, let me know.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
well i got my seeds back up....and its a different variety than i originally had, [ got to edit that later ]

. ive been to 3 bacca farms in my area, and they are fully planted,,, the plants are perhaps 3 '' tall. with 3 leaves total...

im a little behind but we have a long season,,,

i made a fatal mistake,,, next time i will clean my sprayers immediatlly if any poision is placed in them,,,,

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
I never use the same sprayer for more than one thing. I forget as well. I can send You some seed as well in time. Would some Turkish Izmir help? I have a send list to send out this week.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
thanks for all the seed offers,,, but i got it covered,,,,

and i agree with you moesha.. i try to only use a sprayer for one purpose,

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
oh i have learned a valuable lesson this year,,, and that is to start my seeds, early,,, my seeds are so small,

yet i deliver fertilizer to these tobaccoo farms, that have thier product in the ground,, allthough they only have 4 sets of '' true leaves'' and perhaps 5'' tall..

but damn my plants are barely spots in the seed tray..

during the time i needed to focus on my plants ,, my job had me elsewhere,

i like the contraction i seenn GFINNERY make for supporting the seed trays, and hanging a 2 foot light on,

i may design something like that this winter, if i dont have a operational greenhouse, this winter,

never again shall. i be placed behind the 8 - ball..

forumdotabaco

oh i have learned a valuable lesson this year,,, and that is to start my seeds, early,,, my seeds are so small,

Count me in , I just arrived to the bacca world and I already learned that lesson to, next season (2015) will start in October 2014

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
well thanks to BIG BONNER my grow is once again alive,, i accidentlly killed all my first starts.. by not rinsing out my sparyer, [ i had residue of poision in there, weed killer ]

but i ordered 200 plants from big-b and get them this past friday...

looks like my grow will consist of BRIGHT-LEAF...silver -river,,,,yellow twist bud.

plus some starts i got going that will be planted very late..

of the 200 plants i recieved i only tossed out 5 due to leaf water damage.... but the other 195 were just perfect...

i placed them in cups yesterday.. till i get the plot completelly done [ im haveing tiller issues ]

but what i thought was going to be a year of nothing,,,, has turned around. and i couldnt be happier.

Rickey60

Good the hear your backup plan is working out. You got plenty of time. I have now marked all my sprayers so as not to repeat what happened to you. I know if anyone could make a comeback it was you. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.