Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Inventory

Status
Not open for further replies.

holyRYO

I have been reviewing my Strategic Tobacco Reserve (STR). At an all time low, on purpose, been trying to smoke up the preprocessed tobaccos I had on hand before discovering whole leaf. Asked myself, what old favorites would I order more of? No more PS Virginia, PS Turkish, Newminster Oriental, Newminster Virginia, and 3 Sails, all have been obsoleted. I have a sizable inventory of PS Amsterdam, so don't have to decide. Will and have been ordering Five Brothers, still favorite burley. A friend has been gifting me alot of Orlik Golden Sliced, enough that I can dedicate much of it to aging, so doubt I ever buy again. I will buy more Prince Albert pouches here and there. Would like to try the new Bugler Pipe Tobacco. Just maybe order some PS Norwegian for old times sake........ other than that, all whole leaf, all the time, can't beat it.

leverhead

I still have remnants from this journey, none that I miss that much. Too much junk for the money! Whole leaf is the only good way to go.

holyRYO

Another side benefit to whole leaf. I was always worried about the next tax increase. Currently vendors are constantantly running out of selection without the mad rush a tax increase would create. I did not want to be caught with my pant down, thus the Stategic Tobacco Reserve (STR). I figure that whole leaf would be the last to be attacked by the Tax Man. I count on Don and Larry being well stocked. Pretty much no need for the STR. Instead of tying up several hundred dollars in tobacco inventory, could put the money on a Powermatic shredder.

BarG

Founding Member
I like to grow my inventory and purchase types to difficult such as Quality wrappers,flue curing and dark fired. The last 2 years were great for stockpiling and I will continue to grow more than I need. I hope to inprove my wrapper growing this year with an enclosed shade plot. I'm working on growing several different strains of burly this year to see If I can come close to BigBonners.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I have a large STR also. My smoking decreased significantly since I switched to whole leaf so I miscalculated somewhat. I thought I had about one years worth put back but it's been a year already and it looks like what is left will go another two years. That's just my purchased cigarette leaf. I have enough cigar leaf to last the rest of my life without ever growing or buying anymore. (Don keeps throwing a wrench in the monkey works every time he announces a new filler or wrapper. lol) I'm smoking my aged purchased leaf while I start to stock pile my home grown for aging. I'd like to keep a rotation going with the oldest leaf being 5-7 yrs. old.

I wish I had put back a STR of Bezuki wrapper before Don ran out. I have a couple of lbs. I think, but mo' is better when it comes that fine Bezuki or Maduro or Corojo or ... oh, hell, here I go again.

On the prepper side, tobacco keeps easier and longer than food or water so if the offal hits the rotating blades we can always trade tobacco for food, water, and bullets. LOL

holyRYO

Knucks, aging is always good, only reason I can think of to add to my STR. I guess some of the cigar leaf is limited supply, good reason to stock up.

When they raise taxes again, and they will, you won't have to wait for for armageddon, there will be alot of desperate people willing to barter for a smoke.

BarG

Founding Member
I finaly have some 2 year old cigar leaf kilned and unkilned. The same with cig. varietys. I want to save some of each variety for several years. The leaf I put in 5 lb vapor proof bags is the same case as a year ago when I put it in. Just supple enough to handle and smoke out of the bag. I always reseal immediately after removing whats needed.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I stocked up on Don's vapor proof bags. That's the best storage method I've found so far. tough as nails too.

Status
Not open for further replies.