Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

I feel a little unwanted around here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boboro

I don't thinks thats so. We all have bad days. You've put a lot in to this site.An your in put on big grows has been a lot of help.

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
I agree with Boboro, Your Grow has had some hard work in it and I think You got in in the bud now. I to have taken some hits this year and am still in there. Thanks for Your posts. They help every one.

MarcL

I'm truly sorry you feel that way BT.

I have always thought this has been one of the most inclusive sites on the internet and doubt if there's anyone here that thinks that without good reason.

I'm sure you are wanted here. I wish you would share more of what you mean, publicly or privately to work through it.

Please don't go.

Brown Thumb

Thanks Follks, I really dident think anyone gave a dang about my presence.
Last night when I got done transplanting seedlings I checked the plants I transplanted over the weekend and the mold started again in the new dirt. I now know how Don felt when he lost all those plants.
It's just a freaking helpless feeling watching all these die.
I just about threw it all in the trash and called it Quits.
Thanks everone that PM me also. Much appreciated.
Im Sorry for being a jerk.
Now I got to go find Them Mold Busters. I not going down without a fight.
Tom

Dean

I think any of you guys packing up and leaving would make the forum a lesser place, I don't always thank people for their information or answers to questions but I do appreciate each and every post and answer. A post from a new member or a seasoned veteran, it's all the same to me, a good read after work with a beer and a ciggy or cigar.

what I have learned here in less than a year would have taken a life time on my own.

if it makes you feel any better my late crop was a flop. Small leaves and few leaves. Plants fully flowered at less than 3'.

keep your head up and keep teaching through experianced and sharing of knowelage.

cheers

Dean.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
The trick to preventing mold on the growing medium is to keep the moisture level to a minimum. Once the seeds sprout, let the soil dry out almost completely before watering again. This will not only prevent mold, but it encourages the roots to find water...which means the root system develops stronger than a pampered root system.

To further prevent mold growth...increase the surface ph by spraying (misting) with a solution of 1 teaspoon of baking soda to a cup of water. Another way to increase the ph is to grind up sphagnum moss (old fashioned worm bedding) and sprinkle it on the surface of the seedling trays.

BTW, when you guys registered, you accepted the terms of service, you agreed to never leave, so sorry, but you're not allowed to leave :p

winston-smoker

BTW, when you guys registered, you accepted the terms of service, you agreed to never leave, so sorry, but you're not allowed to leave :p

I didn't know that FTT was the Hotel California ... "you can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave.";)

BTW, when I first read this thread, I thought it was for real, especially after I saw BT's comments about losing so many plants ... so it sounded like a bout of discouragement. Then when the suggestion was made about an April Fools joke, that seemed to make sense too. I'm sure each member is appreciated for his unique ways of contributing to the forum, even if it may go unsaid.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Funny thing about the internet is we often forget there's a real person behind the print. In that we're all real people, we all have ups and downs...sometimes they're a little difficult to recognize on a computer screen though.

DaveC

Didn't mean to be rude with The April fools thing.

Maybe it's best not to start seeds at your place with mold in the basement.

Status
Not open for further replies.