Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Greetings from the mountains of central New Mexico

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desertpipe

I am an older fellow who lives in the Manzano Mountains of central New Mexico. I work as a Tobacconist at an old fashioned shop in Albuquerque, where I blend tobacco and sell all manner of pipes, cigars, RYO, and all the accessories one would expect to find. I was introduced to blending with whole leaf by my friend, Mark Ryan (D&R Tobacco), and have lurked here on several occasions.

I have a small home business where I restore tobacco pipes, and still ride one of my motorcycles to work whenever the weather permits.
Old 4 wheel drives and over two handfuls of grandchildren take up the rest of my time. I hope to learn more about the different blending tobaccos available, source some interesting whole leaf, and listen to those who have more experience then I.

holyRYO

Welcome Desertpipe, first thing I learned was how fantastic the WholeLeafTobacco virginias are. They are on sale today to forum members.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Welcome to the forum. For whole leaf, try www.wholeleaftobacco.com. FmGrowit, or Don, or Possum as he likes to be called, is the owner of WLT and the founder of this forum. He can work out a wholesale deal with you if you send him a PM. (Use his name on one of his posts like a link, it will pull up a menu, select Private Message) or use the "contact us" link on the WLT website.

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
There are alot of folks that blend baccy here for all types of use. Glad to see You on site. I'm sure You will end up with some of My leaf as well as others here. The folks on FTT have the best tobacco in the world and take pride in it as well. Welcome. As Knucklehead posted go to www.wholeleaftobacco.com and enjoy the store.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member

jojjas

Welcome Desertpipe . You come to right place , i hope you will participate and share our and yours eexperiece
Mikael

Desertpipe

Thank you for the welcome Gentleman, and having spent some time looking around here I use that term loosely.....:).

I already have a list started of the tobaccos I would like to get for my home blending, and I smiled at the links offered, as I had already been to every one of them. The forums are based on the same architecture as one I have been a member of for a long time, so it is easy to feel at home. I am open to anyone who has questions about pipe restoration. With close to 1000 restores under my belt in the past 11 years, I have pretty much seen it all.

Again, thank you.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
do you have future plans to grow your own bacca ???

Desertpipe

Possibly....a pipe carver buddy of mine gave it a try last year at about 6500 ft, and was not successful. I am at 8000 ft, and the soil is sandy over rock with limited water resources. The RedHead will have us moved off the Mountain by the end of summer, and failure will cost me (a quote), so we will see about next year.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Thank you for the welcome Gentleman, and having spent some time looking around here I use that term loosely.....:).

Yup, gonna fit right in with this crowd. lol

I already have a list started of the tobaccos I would like to get for my home blending, and I smiled at the links offered, as I had already been to every one of them. The forums are based on the same architecture as one I have been a member of for a long time, so it is easy to feel at home. I am open to anyone who has questions about pipe restoration. With close to 1000 restores under my belt in the past 11 years, I have pretty much seen it all.

Again, thank you.

I guess you've seen the threads about making your own Cavendish and Perique? I'll post them just in case. Lurkers always throw me off, they know too much when they come out of hiding! :p
http://fairtradetobacco.com/threads/2873-Really-Easy-Perique-Press
http://fairtradetobacco.com/threads/637-Making-Black-Cavendish-Pipe-Tobacco

webmost

I am an older fellow who lives in the Manzano Mountains of central New Mexico. I work as a Tobacconist at an old fashioned shop in Albuquerque, where I blend tobacco and sell all manner of pipes, cigars, RYO, and all the accessories one would expect to find. I was introduced to blending with whole leaf by my friend, Mark Ryan (D&R Tobacco), and have lurked here on several occasions.

I have a small home business where I restore tobacco pipes, and still ride one of my motorcycles to work whenever the weather permits.
Old 4 wheel drives and over two handfuls of grandchildren take up the rest of my time. I hope to learn more about the different blending tobaccos available, source some interesting whole leaf, and listen to those who have more experience then I.
Sounds to me like you're just the man we've been waiting for.

What's the name of the shop?

istanbulin

Founding Member
Welcome aboard, you may try some Oriental varieties which are resistant to drought. But I think they may need some extra water there.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Tobacco is commercially produced in Nepal. The GRIN seed accession for Machu Picchu Havana came from plants growing on Huayna Picchu in 1936. So altitude itself should not be an issue.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.