Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

El Cubanito 2014 Grow blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Gallo

Well not ready to go to ground yet although most of my little plants have finally started to get some growth, i also started aa second round of plants and they were thinned out and put into pots today. fingers crossed i hope i havent taken on morre than i can chew. but hey, i just love growin tobacco. cant figure out why my photo is upside down. :confused:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 117

quo155

Are these sort of like the "hanging tomato plants"? ;)

I'm kidding! They look really good...great start!

El Gallo

well im a couple weeks behind but i think i can get my tobacco in the ground in the next 2 weeks, ive got a good back up tray waiting just in case i loose some on transplant. fingers crossed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 94
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 94

El Gallo

Ok so I think some of my little saplings are suffering from some issue, they died almost overnight, like the stalk rotted at dirt line. Overwatering comes to mind. Any thoughts suggestions would be appreciated. I didn't run into this last season. Course I have back ups and not all plants showed this issue just a couple, and not any particular variation of the ten I have growing.

Planter

I had half a dozen getting yellow leaves after standing for a while in too wet, compressed soil. Pulling them out, removing the soil and placing the bare root into a better, loose medium (+ keeping more dry afterwards) recovered all of them.

El Gallo

Mine basically fel off the stalk at dirt level, too late to re pot, will be letting dry a bit from now on, thanks

El Gallo

Finally got a my tobacco into the ground, I ended up with 60 plants of several varieties, Pa red, Vuelta Abajo, Dominican Olor, Scantic, Swar, CGZ, Habano503B, Habano 2000 pics to come, just too tired yesterday aftr a failed attempt at drip irrigation

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Could CGZ be GC2 wrapper variety? That's a very nice list. I think you are going to enjoy growing and smoking that Swarr filler. It did really nice last year.

El Gallo

[video=vimeo;97783153]https://vimeo.com/97783153[/video]

had my daughter take a picture of the little tobacco patch, she ended up shooting video, not sure if this will work. Fingers crossed.

El Gallo

Having trouble uploading pictures from I pad, has something changed on the site or should I just figure it's user error which is most likely

Status
Not open for further replies.