Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hello everyone from Portugal

Status
Not open for further replies.

forumdotabaco

Hello everyone I've been reading this forum for almost 1 year now, and today decide to join, the grow yourself is exploding worldwide, I'm from Portugal (Europe) and I'm also a tobacco forum founder in my won language, Portuguese, I hope you guys don't mind I joined, I'm not here to steal members, but to learn and share stuff and ideas.
This year, my first, I will be growing Latakia (smyrna), Basma xanthi, Tn 90, Maryland 609, Virginia gold, Izmir ozbas, thuoc lao (rustica).

Knucklehead

Founding Member
We are very pleased to have you join us. You are very welcome here. We have another member from Portugal that stops in to show us his new pipes. His screen name is Brurobas and he makes some gorgeous pipes. He posts them in the pipe forum here. I want to look at your Portugese forum, I'll need the help of Google Translate, but I've found some very informative links to books and documents on a Spanish forum that one of our Spanish members guided me to. I can't speak a lick of Spanish either, but the book links were in English.

You are growing some very nice varieties. I hope you will start a grow blog, I not only like to see plants being grown in another country, but I can sometimes get a glimpse of the landscape of the country, or tools I've never seen before, etc. I love the fact that this forum is becoming such a global community. I learn more than just tobacco here, I learn about people and how they live, the traditions of places I will never see. Thank you for joining and feel free to jump in our discussions and add your own opinion or experiences.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Hey, I found the videos already. :D Some of them are in English. http://www.forumdotabaco.com/viewforum.php?f=101

EDIT: A lot of videos. There's a six part series just on building a greenhouse. The greenhouse is topnotch too.

EDIT: WOW. There's a page of film documentaries on tobacco. Many are HOURS long. A treasure trove. I'm just giddy. WOW. http://www.forumdotabaco.com/viewforum.php?f=102

EDIT: WOW, BigBonner gets a shout out in Portugal. Way to go Larry!!!

EDIT: Damn! Huge library. My computer is smoking already.

forumdotabaco Thank you!!

Last edited:

leverhead

Welcome! This is getting interesting. The post office is going to do a brisk business in overseas mail this winter.

forumdotabaco

Hello again and thank you all.
well I will surly create a grow Blog, but later, right now my seeds are just starting, need to wait a couple more days to have photos.
I'm also an active member at the Spanish forum, their forum started before mine, and as more active by now, the Portuguese forum is just starting, or at least I hope so, by now the forum as about 10 months but very few members and only a small % of them seams to have interest at the subject, lets say, that kind of perception about grow yourself its starting in Portugal,

we had around 1000 professional farmers in the past but only 3 last by now, and since January 2014 they cant sell their raw tobacco to the final consumer any more, because they had been heavily taxed (12 cents a gram) so raw tobacco in Portugal now must be grown by the final consumer, you cant even offer it, because is illegal lol, so hopefully and slowly more people will join and start some activity over there, because right now is pretty much a bust (ghost forum) I didn't even replace the default theme because till 2 weeks ago I as not sure I would maintain it, thats why it looks terrible lol sorry for that,

the good part of it by now are the videos and the library, lots of videos and a around 1200 docs related with tobacco, yes most of them are in English, and there a reason for that, there's almost nothing available in Portuguese and only time will fix that.

Right now I want thank you all for your welcomes, I guess we all have a lot to share and learn in this forums, looking forward to share some seeds, in the future, because I just started and I my amounts are very very small and I need to collect more.

About Larry, onemansmoke, Trimble tobacco and all the others, thank you all keep doing that great work, you are teaching the world.
I also want to thank you all by the contents and amount of work invested in this forum, good stuff here.
and that's all for now I don't want to make you guys sleep.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to FTT. Forums are like delicate plants. If they continue to grow, they grow exponentially: more posts leads to more search engine hits, which leads to more members.

Feel free to translate the Tobacco Growing FAQ into Portuguese for your forum, so long as you include a link to its source. If you do translate it, PM me, and I will provide my email, so you can send a copy for me to keep. You may need to edit the list of seed vendors, and convert the units to metric.

Bob

Markw

Hi and welcome to the forum. I have to totally agree with you that growing tobacco is one of the fastest growing hobbies at the moment.
once again welcome aboard.

forumdotabaco

Hello every one and thank you again.
First I will have to say that some of you are known for a long time now lol, like a said before I've been here for a while reading and learning I just didn't joined before because I was afraid to failing to take time to be in so many forums at the same time so I started with the Spanish forum and I noticed I could do it, so here I am.
Ok now a special thanks to deluxestogie , great tip, I have something of the kind but very ,very poor because since I noticed that I was creating a ghost forum I drive my attention to docs and videos in the hope at the least, have a library in off-line mode for my own use, if I decided to shut it off. And for the last 8 months I've really consider that, because there's no point to maintain something that is not desired and have costs, small costs true, but they are there.
so for the last months my work at the forum was more library targeted but a few weeks ago godaddy saved my forum they offer me a 35% coupon and I decided to renew, so now the forum as to last at least for one more year, I don't know if I will maintain the host provider because the forum only uses 35 Mb and the host provider I'm using now as increased the price in 100% so I will have to talk with them about that, if they give me the last year price I can consider to stay if not I will have to move to a free solution I know and works great "Heliohost" since I just need a couple hundred MBS and Heliohost gives me 500 which is more than enough for the forum size and activity.
So now about the look lol, I know that looks terrible but I will wait for the end of the host provider plan and take chance with the migration process to change the theme and remove all unnecessary stuff, like cookies warning and social network buttons etc, etc , noob things :) so I believe the forum will last and having the FAQ text included and adapted to the Portuguese forum its a great idea because most of the visitors are looking for that kind of info, and if a can have them to read at least that! great, will be a big victory some may want to know more and decide to join , great tip thank you, I will do that and let you know and have the text.

Status
Not open for further replies.