Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Video / Great technique for wrapping a perfecto.

MarcL

I don't know for sure, maybe we should ask Bob or Knucklehead? I thought it meant leaves put into a Lieberman Buncher, or at least style wise. Maybe it's a bunch of entubado tubes?

Yes, a bunch.
I think it's, 1.5 Jalapa seco base, 3 Piloto viso accordion, 1 Mata Fina ligero tubed. 1 Sumatra binder. Corojo wrapper.

it's a binding method.

Estrujado method. Gathering leafs.1 ligero, 1 viso, turn bunch, 1 viso, 1 seco, turn, 1 seco, 2 binders.

MarcL

Sneak peak into the factory where the Gurkha Cellar Reserve 15 Year Hedonism Gran Robusto is made.

Birage

He said the molds were made in Pennsylvania, I live in Pennsylvania, man I would love to have one of them. Wonder where they are made? I know quite a few of us would love these perfecto style molds, we should do some digging and find out who is making them and if any could be had.

webmost

Tried to get one of them several years ago. Sounded like they were out of business. Are they back at it now?

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Several years ago, that business experienced a catastrophic fire that consumed everything. If I recall correctly, the fire occurred at right about the time that cigar manufacturers suddenly stopped offering their old and worn cigar molds for sale through various vendors.

Bob

Twilliger

So I am trying to get serious about the perfecto wrapping and I am wondering what approach the veterans around the forum use? Webmost has the S video but I am struggling to get as smooth a wrap as I'd like .. not complaining, just saying:) Bliss has a Solomon video where the tip of the wrapper leaf is left attached but sectioned out of the roll and eventually flags the foot (similar to one of the videos above). I am wondering about the approach in the Mysterio video of flagging the foot as step one? MarcL I was wondering if you would be will to share your approach, in particular the nipple and foot? (before someone else makes the accusation ... yes I have nipple envy:)) As always, thanks all for your help!!!

MarcL

Yes. That closes video shows an attached flag. The trimming cut of said technique is shown here. Let me know if any of it is not clear.

View: https://youtu.be/SBmD3oe0lqU?t=290

If I do not do this, I will attach a detached flag first to the foot cut from the tip of the leaf from which the rest of the wrapper will be cut. It will be high enough to enable the wrapper to start beyond the curve.

Admiring your latest achievements, your rear perfecto was under filled (not enough leaf), over bound (to tight/small for the mold) or under set. (we wet it so it will mold and dry it so it will set)
The forward stick shows an under cased wrapper.

Last edited:

mgirotra

Yes. That closes video shows an attached flag. The trimming cut of said technique is shown here. Let me know if any of it is not clear.

View: https://youtu.be/SBmD3oe0lqU?t=290

If I do not do this, I will attach a detached flag first to the foot cut from the tip of the leaf from which the rest of the wrapper will be cut. It will be high enough to enable the wrapper to start beyond the curve.

Admiring your latest achievements, your rear perfecto was under filled (not enough leaf), over bound (to tight/small for the mold) or under set. (we wet it so it will mold and dry it so it will set)
The forward stick shows an under cased wrapper.
Have a question that I am hoping you can help me with.. If i want to follow the wrapping of the foot separately, what is the shape of the flag to be used. Am not sure if i am getting it right from the video.