Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Video / Great technique for wrapping a perfecto.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Good video. Thanks for putting that up to make me feel bad about my rolling. lol

When your video ends, select the "Cohiba Behike" video next.

After that, the Espinosa Cigars Warhead review is very nice.

MarcL

Sorry about that Knuck. notice the stainless steel board and the wrapper stretches over it. its like that video with the Formica board.

That's a nice video with James Suckling.

Yeah ! Delicia's camera man is her husband, go figure... Cigar Vixen[h=1][/h]

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Sorry about that Knuck. notice the stainless steel board and the wrapper stretches over it. its like that video with the Formica board.

That makes sense. The wet wrapper would adhere better to a smooth surface like that than to a porous surface like wood. That may be why I have difficulty in stretching my wrapper, it won't stay in place on my board. I need three hands to roll.

MarcL

Yeah, me to. I really had to keep making sure the wrapper is wet enough for pliability.

Matty

WOW, nice video :) Those are some of the prettiest cigars I've ever seen.
I usually always roll entubado, seems to be the easiest for me. I've tried book rolling and could never get it to work lol. The ligero in the center works out very well but keeping it there is fairly difficult during construction but worth the effort. Now if only I could get the perfecto shape rolled and wrapped! Time to practice lol.

MarcL

Now if only I could get the perfecto shape rolled and wrapped! Time to practice lol.

I'm thinking you were the one that had the thread trying to get perfectos wrapped?
I couldn't find it. I meant to post this video there.
La Aurora Preferidos foot are finished after the wrapper is applied. Here they do it before applying the wrapper.
Notice how moist the wrapper is for pliability.

Matty

I might have mentioned something about wrapping a perfecto, it would be in the thread with the wrapper pattern pics. I struggle with the perfecto, sometimes it works, most times I end up with a ragged pyramid lol. A perfecto mold would help immensely, something I don't have. Holding the bunch while applying the binder is the most difficult for me, also the transition of the wrapper in the middle. I'm bound to get it someday ;)

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
How about using the wrapper pattern to cut an outline in a board and inlay the slot with a slightly raised ribbon of light gauge spring steel. Stretch your wrapper leaf over the pattern and use a rolling pin to cut the finish wrapper (?)

A lot cheaper than a die

Gdaddy

I went to Walmart and got an oil drip pan for $9.(yes, it was very clean and unused) Flipped it upside down so the drip edge is facing down and placed it on some 3/4 plywood so the middle is supported out to the edge. It works just like the stainless you see in the video. It makes a large all metal work surface. Leaf cuts well and sticks well also. I've used it for months and really like it. Easy to keep clean also.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I might have mentioned something about wrapping a perfecto, it would be in the thread with the wrapper pattern pics. I struggle with the perfecto, sometimes it works, most times I end up with a ragged pyramid lol. A perfecto mold would help immensely, something I don't have. Holding the bunch while applying the binder is the most difficult for me, also the transition of the wrapper in the middle. I'm bound to get it someday ;)

I would be just as happy with a torpedo or a pyramid. I like everything about a large cigar except the huge head. Any suggestions there? (Forget it BarG, I know where your mind is tonight lol)

jekylnz

I went to Walmart and got an oil drip pan for $9.(yes, it was very clean and unused) Flipped it upside down so the drip edge is facing down and placed it on some 3/4 plywood so the middle is supported out to the edge. It works just like the stainless you see in the video. It makes a large all metal work surface. Leaf cuts well and sticks well also. I've used it for months and really like it. Easy to keep clean also.

I found a big circular piece of marble that I use..its way easier to cut on to

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Two points:
The hardness of your rolling surface will affect the cutting edge of your chaveta.

With no fancy techniques, I regularly create a gradual taper toward the head of nearly all my cigars. I just apply slightly more compression to the bulk while wrapping the head end. It takes only a few cigars to get a feel for how snugly you can wrap it, without impairing the draw.

Bob

ArizonaDave

This video is about how the La Flor Dominicana Mysterio cigar is bunched and rolled at the factory.

Pay attention how the foot is wrapped before the body and head.

Good video! Actually this cigar is NOT bunched, it is Cuban Entubado rolled. Very nice perfecto roll~! I do an extra cap on both the cap and foot just like this guy! But, I thought I was doing something new! Ha ha ha! Helps the start up burn even out (if lit wrong), and helps the rest of the cigar to burn evenly!

ArizonaDave

I would be just as happy with a torpedo or a pyramid. I like everything about a large cigar except the huge head. Any suggestions there? (Forget it BarG, I know where your mind is tonight lol)

Yes, I've been rolling "Trumpeto's" sometimes. In order to that though, you need to use the whole leaf, then cut in half before the binder is put on (I wrap in paper towel for a few minutes), let it set. I'll make a video later in August or so.