Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

NRustica's 2014 glog

Status
Not open for further replies.

NRustica

Well I finally got this years crop into my seed starting trays. 6 flats o 72. I sprinkle a few seeds in each cell. As they get bigger I'll cut them down to one plant/cell. I mist the seeds to get moisture on them and put on the lids. Afterwards I put them directly under lights a close as possible to keep them from getting leggy. As soon as the seedlings get some deep roots (often you will see something that looks like fuse, those are beginning roots and need to be kept moist) I'll take off the domes so they don't die of dampening off.

CAM00136.jpgCAM00137.jpgCAM00138.jpg

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Good job. I'm really interested in the varieties you have going this year. I can't wait for your taste and sample reviews. lol. You chose well. I know one Virginian that is also going to be anxiously awaiting your results. (not calling any names, but his initials are BOB)

Knucklehead

Founding Member
May 6th they won't even be a month old. I'd let them go for another two to four weeks in the cells. It's about time to start thinning or transplanting in to other cells, one plant per cell. They are looking good, but would have been doing a lot better had you thinned a couple of weeks ago.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
May 6th they won't even be a month old. I'd let them go for another two to four weeks in the cells. It's about time to start thinning or transplanting in to other cells, one plant per cell. They are looking good, but would have been doing a lot better had you thinned a couple of weeks ago.

NR, I didn't mean for this post to sound so abrupt and critical. I hope you didn't read it that way. I can understand why people who are making English a second language have so much trouble with it. It's my only language and I still struggle with it. :) I'm much better with smiley faces. ;)

Brown Thumb

Very nice start you got going on there.
transplanting still confuses to this day, What I learned so far is they all Survive at whatever stage when small.
You are Good to Go.
BT

Status
Not open for further replies.