Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

burge

I have when I first started making my own. Way too expensive. At first I liked them. I soon noticed a harsh taste that came from their plant based paper. Also with most cigarette tubes they make their filters too short. This creates a soft spot in the rolled cigarette. Packing hard can help but also jam machine. I now only use Shargio tubes. 20MM filter and this problem is solved. I have 7 unopened boxes of Cartel.
I use the supermatic machines they tend to pack them good. The ones I have were actually made in Canada they are the best.

Belle-Beast

No one has ever mentioned Shargio tubes. I buy them 10 cartons at a time in bulk on Amazon for about $32 with free shipping. They come from a cigar store in New Jersey, or somewhere near there, and each order comes with a cigarette case. All I can get locally is Gambler tubes, and I hate them. I've gone through close to 3,000 of these tubes now, and am satisfied with them. I really wish I could find tubes with chlorine-free paper like the European brands, but no luck so far, as if no one in the US cares about the paper.
I agree Shargio is a darn good tube I just recently tried the light 100mm tubes from them along with some others. Some were duds such as Sago, Hot Rod and Premiers (Premiers were a decent tube years ago but just don't cut it anymore). The other tubes that also tried and liked were the Zen light 100mm the paper was a little on the thicker side but they don't have a string paper taste. I will def buy either the Shargio or the Zen tubes again IF I can't get my hands on the Baretta Elite light 100mm filter tubes which I found to be amazing! They are well constructed are basically tasteless with a nice slow burn not to mention they look classy with their filter wrapped in black paper. They paper itself has some sort of perforated technology design which lends to the smoothness of what your smoking. Smoking my tobacco with them was a joy! I've rolled my own for the better part of the last three decades and have tried quite a few brands of tubes over the years but recently when I decided to give whole leaf a try since American Spirit tobacco has been outragiously priced for quite some time I finally decided enough was enough. Part of the reason I started rolling my own years ago was to save money on my bad habit that I enjoyed. The other reason was to be more "natural" not to mention and in my opinion American Spirit was about the best tasting tobacco available for rolling your own cigs back in the day. Anyway I decided a couple months ago that I needed to find an alternative to AS I just could not justifying the money I was spending on that little tiny small can of tobacco then I thought why stop there if I am going to find a new tobacco that I enjoy I an going to find the best filter tubes to put it in that will compliment whatever tobacco I decided to try. I want the entire experience to be pleasurable not just about saving money so I started trying new brands of tubes again as well and I am so glad I did. The Baretta Elites Lights 100mm are my go to Tube. I will continue to try new tubes if I read something good about another brand but I just ordered 10 boxes of the Barretta Elite 100mm tubes to hold me for a bit. I ran out of them the other day and have several other boxes of tubes sitting here but I honestly can't wait until the Baretta tubes get here. They are that good! It's like I am craving them as much as my tobacco lol

Belle-Beast

I use ramback prestige gold and windsail silver elite from WLT: like them both, very satisfied, high quality and tasty. The boxes I have are marked D&R, manufactured through Saint Vincent USA LLC, Silverfoiltubes International, the Philippines. Hope Don @FmGrowit can get them back in stock. Zero problems paired with powermatic 1+ machine.
Does WLT still sell Tubes? I just placed a leaf order today and when I clicked accessory's though it says tubes i didn't see any listed... am I missing something? I would rather get my leaf and tubes all in one place if possible to save on shipping.

burge

Does WLT still sell Tubes? I just placed a leaf order today and when I clicked accessory's though it says tubes i didn't see any listed... am I missing something? I would rather get my leaf and tubes all in one place if possible to save on shipping.
At times they do have tubes and it varies. Same with tobacco that is in stock at times but not always due to factors that come from when that tobacco is available and some of it is in limited supply. You have to grab it when it's there. Don usually makes an announcement on those special buys.

Belle-Beast

Hmm Well I wonder if we would be able to persuade him to find a more steady supply of a quality brand of tubes... Of course there a lot of things these days seem to be out of stock at various places. I guess it's just the times...

burge

Hmm Well I wonder if we would be able to persuade him to find a more steady supply of a quality brand of tubes... Of course there a lot of things these days seem to be out of stock at various places. I guess it's just the times...
It is the times covid supply issues etc a lot have stopped production or the same tubes with different names etc. Especially with all the stop smoking going around. Companies are limiting there products.

Belle-Beast

I totally understand I was just making sure I didn't somehow totally miss them on the WLT website lol I had quite a few issues with tubes and tobacco the past few years on several occasions at multiple smoke shops I was sold counterfeit filter tubes and counterfeit American Spirit tobacco. Just the other day I stopped at a shop I had quit going to to grab a couple boxes of tubes until the tubes I ordered online arrive. Supposedly they were Beretta Elites 100mm tubes... When I got home I busted a box open to roll up a couple cigs because I am seriously hooked and in love with these tubes from Beretta. Well mad smoke starts rolling off this thing and it was burning hot as Hades! My eyes, throat and lungs start burning as did my temper. I am fuming mad to say the least! I immediately called Beretta I got their 800 number from their website. It was after hours but I was able to leave a detailed message and I gave them the name of the store and left my number in case they need more info. I figured they needed to know as this could reflect poorly on them and nobody should get stuck buying toxic fake tobacco products. I have a rare disease that is largely affected by chemicals and attacks my lungs when this is triggered. I have been in poor shape since this happened the other night and having to use extra inhalers and not able to enjoy the cigs I normally do. I know I should not smoke at all but as long as I am smoking more natural products it doesn't seem to cause to many problems. I will also try to contact the proper authority's and file a report However I am not quite sure who that is since I can't find the tubes listed on any of their websites that regulate what seems to be the products that contain nicotine. I will just have to call around this week until I figure it out because I am so sick of this sort of thing happening to me! I live in the capital area of my state so there are a lot of people and shops always coming and going. The reviews alone from this shop a terrifying the owner is a monster and this type of thing needs to stop. It seems almost everything is a scam or con these days. I starting to feel like I am one of very few people that has any sense morals whatsoever and that is so sad. ***

Last edited by a moderator:

burge

I totally understand I was just making sure I didn't somehow totally miss them on the WLT website lol I had quite a few issues with tubes and tobacco the past few years on several occasions at multiple smoke shops I was sold counterfeit filter tubes and counterfeit American Spirit tobacco. Just the other day I stopped at a shop I had quit going to to grab a couple boxes of tubes until the tubes I ordered online arrive. Supposedly they were Beretta Elites 100mm tubes... When I got home I busted a box open to roll up a couple cigs because I am seriously hooked and in love with these tubes from Beretta. Well mad smoke starts rolling off this thing and it was burning hot as Hades! My eyes, throat and lungs start burning as did my temper. I am fuming mad to say the least! I immediately called Beretta I got their 800 number from their website. It was after hours but I was able to leave a detailed message and I gave them the name of the store and left my number in case they need more info. I figured they needed to know as this could reflect poorly on them and nobody should get stuck buying toxic fake tobacco products. I have a rare disease that is largely affected by chemicals and attacks my lungs when this is triggered. I have been in poor shape since this happened the other night and having to use extra inhalers and not able to enjoy the cigs I normally do. I know I should not smoke at all but as long as I am smoking more natural products it doesn't seem to cause to many problems. I will also try to contact the proper authority's and file a report However I am not quite sure who that is since I can't find the tubes listed on any of their websites that regulate what seems to be the products that contain nicotine. I will just have to call around this week until I figure it out because I am so sick of this sort of thing happening to me! I live in the capital area of my state so there are a lot of people and shops always coming and going. The reviews alone from this shop a terrifying the owner is a monster and this type of thing needs to stop. It seems almost everything is a scam or con these days. I starting to feel like I am one of very few people that has any sense morals whatsoever and that is so sad. ***
A lot of the tubes use fiberglass. I know I have tried some and a few are just plain.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
"There’s no fiberglass in cigarettes. Granted, RJR (R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company) did try using a fiberglass shell on its flopped smokeless cigarettes in 1994, but that part of the contraption wasn’t ingested by the smoker; it was more of a housing, if you will. Other than that, no fiberglass."
snopes.com

Bob

ChinaVoodoo

I x-rayed welds plenty of times at the very old Celanese plant in Edmonton, which has since been packed up and moved to China. They produced vinyl acetate, methanol, and cellulose acetate. The cellulose acetate was made from wood fiber and was specifically meant for cigarette filters.

Belle-Beast

I x-rayed welds plenty of times at the very old Celanese plant in Edmonton, which has since been packed up and moved to China. They produced vinyl acetate, methanol, and cellulose acetate. The cellulose acetate was made from wood fiber and was specifically meant for cigarette filters.
Maybe I should send you a few of these fake tubes to see what's in them! I am still sick from it. I know I am more sensitive to chemicals than most people due to my health and a rare disease I have. I just can't believe how common this has been the past few years! I read online on several different forums it's also been an issue for people ordering tubes and tobacco online as well. All the more reason to smoke whole leaf from a reputable establishment like WLT I am so glad I found this website and WLT! And at least one good source for real tubes that I can count on I think! So far they have all been fine from this place I hope that trend continues.

Belle-Beast

Maybe I should send you a few of these fake tubes to see what's in them! I am still sick from it. I know I am more sensitive to chemicals than most people due to my health and a rare disease I have. I just can't believe how common this has been the past few years! I read online on several different forums it's also been an issue for people ordering tubes and tobacco online as well. All the more reason to smoke whole leaf from a reputable establishment like WLT I am so glad I found this website and WLT! And at least one good source for real tubes that I can count on I think! So far they have all been fine from this place I hope that trend continues.
My dad used to X-ray welds he was a nuclear engineer in the Navy. When he retired they talked him into coming back for more pay and larger retired fund. He had already acquired a private part time job with a civil defense contractor for full time pay so the Navy offered him full time for part time as well and he ended up putting another ten years in. He was a smart man. They sent him all over for schilling throughout his career. I remember he wore a Geiger counter to work every day I asked him what the thing was hanging on his belt. Sadly we lost him from Luekemia several years ago. :(

marcotor

I think part of the issue is, for many smoke shops that carry a wide inventory, it's kind of required to have many varieties of incense. Problem is it penetrates the filters and paper of tubes. I have thrown out a couple of orders of tubes online for that very reason (snotty responses from vendors like we're not going to keep tubes separate from the perfume) and learned to take one tube from the middle of the box to inject with my "leftover blend" to test.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum, @marcotor. Feel free to introduce yourself in the Introduce Yourself forum. You may enjoy scanning through the topics in our Index of Key Forum Threads, linked in the menu bar.

Bob

Belle-Beast

I think part of the issue is, for many smoke shops that carry a wide inventory, it's kind of required to have many varieties of incense. Problem is it penetrates the filters and paper of tubes. I have thrown out a couple of orders of tubes online for that very reason (snotty responses from vendors like we're not going to keep tubes separate from the perfume) and learned to take one tube from the middle of the box to inject with my "leftover blend" to test.
Oh my goodness yes! I've dealt with that a few times too! Nothing like setting off a migraine. Sadly these were counterfeit. It's becoming a huge problem and not just with tubes but all tobacco products. Our gov is warning about it as they can be quite toxic. Stay safe!

Chris Slenker

A lot of the red style tubes have the pin holes in them that let more air through ... I didn't like those as much and having better luck with the lights