Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

smokesec

Also... I made a mistake - Inter-Continental Trading is in Illinois, not Ohio. Don't know where I got Ohio from... :)

wazzappenning

My favorites so far are Zen, Zig Zags, and Rizla. I don't care for the taste of Premier and the "light" Gamblers have annoying holes in the filters that take in too much air. The ones I like are in shorter supply in the stores lately, I've noticed. I hate to do it but I may have to buy online. The tobacco shop nearest me only carried Zig Zag 100s and I don't like 100s (they are too big and don't fit in my case) and the clerk said they don't sell and they won't carry them. The rest of what they carried was tons of Premier and Gambler. I would prefer to support local brick and mortar merchants but if this is their idea of customer service...

thats almost exactly my problem. the place i go to ordered 200 boxes of zen last time. the dist sent him one box of 200 TUBES. i even went as far as to call the distributor, to see if i could just get some shipped to me. he said to put in a special order at my smoke shop. hes already had his large order in for 2 months and nothing is coming in.

so, im looking online, but apparently to get them from a us distributor, i need to have a retailer licence and pay taxes etc. i guess in canada anyways its not a paper product, its a tobacco product. the guy at my store explained that he pays 15 cents for a box of zen. then pays taxes, duty, shipping, marks the tubes up by 15 cents for himself, and you end up with a $2 box of tubes.

im almost wondering if someone on here would want to start selling tubes.

smokesec

im almost wondering if someone on here would want to start selling tubes.

Ya know, I was considering offering this service after reading some of these threads.

I am a tobacco store owner with all the necessary permits & licensing, and I have accounts at multiple distributors. There isn't much I can't get ahold of. If some of you would want to pool cash together for special orders on tubes and what not I'd be happy to accommodate.

Matty

I've always wanted to try vera cruz tubes but have never seen them here (in canada), I've looked online to try ordering some but the sites that have then don't mention if they are able to ship to canada. Anyone ever try them? Are they worth pursuing? I wouldn't mind paying a little extra for them.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Ya know, I was considering offering this service after reading some of these threads.

I am a tobacco store owner with all the necessary permits & licensing, and I have accounts at multiple distributors. There isn't much I can't get ahold of. If some of you would want to pool cash together for special orders on tubes and what not I'd be happy to accommodate.
Like everyone else I have shopped tube prices on the net. You can get cheaper prices but shipping cancels most of that. Right now I pay $2.65, tax included for Primere full flavor out the door at my local.

J

leverhead

I am a tobacco store owner with all the necessary permits & licensing, and I have accounts at multiple distributors.

I bought a case of "Windsail" King's last year, I'm more or less happy with them except all the printing on the tube. What would have a 20mm filter with preferably a cork tipping paper and not too much printing. What states do you have to collect taxes for?

smokesec

Like everyone else I have shopped tube prices on the net. You can get cheaper prices but shipping cancels most of that. Right now I pay $2.65, tax included for Primere full flavor out the door at my local.

J

Currently I am paying $1.75/box for non menthol premiers. Shipping to me is $5.00, no matter how large or small an order.

smokesec

I bought a case of "Windsail" King's last year, I'm more or less happy with them except all the printing on the tube. What would have a 20mm filter with preferably a cork tipping paper and not too much printing. What states do you have to collect taxes for?

Shargios have a full 20mm filter and cork tips. No printing.

I am in Wisconsin, so I would only have to collect tax on Wisconsin sales.

I can get shargios as low as $1.29/box.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Currently I am paying $1.75/box for non menthol premiers. Shipping to me is $5.00, no matter how large or small an order.
That is an excellent price. By box I assume you mean 200 tubes. I'd like to know how many boxes there are in a case. You have to make a profit. The shipping cost to you is very low. Does that reflect the volume you buy from that distributor? Just comments and curiosity.

More to the point what would the cost to me be (in the door)? In what volume? I live in CT (06801) You can PM me a price if you are more comfortable with that.

Thanks, John

smokesec

Yes a "box" is 200. Typically a "case" is 50 cartons. I get a variety of products from that particular distributor, so it's probably a reflection of volume.

As thin as the margins are on tubes I would just sell them to you at cost. A full case would probably be the best bang for your buck as far as shipping is concerned. Case would run you $87.50 + shipping... which I'll have to look into when I get into the shop today.

DonH

Yesterday I placed an online order for a wide range of tubes so I can decide which one I would like to order a case of. I will review them on this thread as I test them. I ordered three kinds of Gizeh charcoal filter ones, Zen, El
Rey, and Rizla.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Yes a "box" is 200. Typically a "case" is 50 cartons. I get a variety of products from that particular distributor, so it's probably a reflection of volume.

As thin as the margins are on tubes I would just sell them to you at cost. A full case would probably be the best bang for your buck as far as shipping is concerned. Case would run you $87.50 + shipping... which I'll have to look into when I get into the shop today.
At that price you appear to be losing money. Did you forget tax? What is the Wisconsin tax rate?

J

smokesec

Totally slipped my mind today.

I wouldn't lose any money, and I wouldn't make any either. I don't have to charge tax on out of state sales.

DonH

I got my first of two shipments of tubes I ordered today. First one I tested was Gizeh Charbon. These have activated charcoal in the filters. I was curious to test a charcoal filter. These were big gimmick back when I was a kid (Lark, Tareyton, I think). The smoke was smooth but the charcoal removed too much flavor. I then had one from the same blend stuffed in a ZigZag light tube and the flavor came through fine. So ZigZag wins round one.

DonH

I got my first of two shipments of tubes I ordered today. First one I tested was Gizeh Charbon. These have activated charcoal in the filters. I was curious to test a charcoal filter. These were big gimmick back when I was a kid (Lark, Tareyton, I think). The smoke was smooth but the charcoal removed too much flavor. I then had one from the same blend stuffed in a ZigZag light tube and the flavor came through fine. So ZigZag wins round one.

Next I tested Gizeh Silver Tip regular (red). No charcoal filter, but whatever Gizeh is using for the filter seems to filter too much flavor out. Weird because their filter is very short. It smoked pretty well, but again, it removed the aromatic flavors. I couldn't tell, for example, that there was Turkish in the blend. Since these are regulars, I compared them against Zig Zag regulars and Zig Zag wins again.

Then I tested El Rey regulars. These burned a little fast but weren't bad. But Zig Zag regulars are much better compared side by side with the same blend.

I still have to test Mascotte regular and Zen Light (blue). Getting a bit of a headache from smoking too often, but this is fun. I'm interested to see what Zig Zag does against Zen. Also against Rizla.

DonH

Next I tested Gizeh Silver Tip regular (red). No charcoal filter, but whatever Gizeh is using for the filter seems to filter too much flavor out. Weird because their filter is very short. It smoked pretty well, but again, it removed the aromatic flavors. I couldn't tell, for example, that there was Turkish in the blend. Since these are regulars, I compared them against Zig Zag regulars and Zig Zag wins again.

Then I tested El Rey regulars. These burned a little fast but weren't bad. But Zig Zag regulars are much better compared side by side with the same blend.

I still have to test Mascotte regular and Zen Light (blue). Getting a bit of a headache from smoking too often, but this is fun. I'm interested to see what Zig Zag does against Zen. Also against Rizla.

I tested Zen light against Zig Zag lights (both blue boxes). Zen light was really good, but Zig Zag won by a nose. Which is good because Zig Zags are easier to find in stores. Zig Zag had a little more flavor. Zen was very smooth, though. Both drew well.

DonH

I did a side by side test of Mascotte gold vs Zig Zag Red and Mascotte won. It was the best full flavor tube I've tried. Makes me wish I'd bought some Mascotte White to test against Zig Zag Blue. I still like Zig Zag Blue the best but I tend to like the light tubes better.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
im hung on the golden harvest tubes,

the filter is good, and the paper holds up, when putting it on the injector tube,

i noticed the ZIG-ZAG'S collapsed a lot, if you didnt line it up perfectlly with the injector<

DonH

im hung on the golden harvest tubes,

the filter is good, and the paper holds up, when putting it on the injector tube,

i noticed the ZIG-ZAG'S collapsed a lot, if you didnt line it up perfectlly with the injector<

I haven't had too many problems with Zig Zag collapsing. The worst for that was Premier. I haven't tried Golden Harvests yet. What has surprised me the most doing these tests is how much the flavor changes with the different brands.

olivercramden

Hello all, First post here at FTT.
Have sampled nearly 2 dozen brands of tubes so far incl. Kings, 100's FF's and "lights", and can say that no two are similar.
(I've been searching for the most neutral [least impact on flavor] available.)
So far, 3 Castles FF are the best I've found. The only things more neutral are non-filtered, (D&R's Athey) and rolling papers, (which I've been testing as well.)
Gizeh Silver Tip FF are great for tempering the more full-bodied, aggresive blends without negatively affecting flavor, imho.