Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

As a newbie, here are my blends so far...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gdaddy

So it doesn't get lost in the introduction I thought I'd start a new thread. So here goes...

I've purchased so far... Nicaraguan seco and ligero, African Flojo, Dominican seco, Mata Fina. Wrapper I've gotten are Ecuadorian maduro, Criollo 98 and the Corojo.

My foundation blend is Nic seco (4 half leaves) and 1/2 leaf ligero wrapped in a Nic seco binder(2 leaves) and wrapped in one of the above wrappers. From there I can change the character by pumping up the ligero. 3 half leaves of seco and a full leaf of ligero creates a powerful blend indeed. Full flavored/full bodied.

My favorite blend if I want to 'tone down' the flavor using other tobaccos has been 2 half leaves Nic seco and 1/2 leaf Flojo (it's a big leaf) and balance the power with Nic ligero (usually 1/2 leaf)

or

The same blend but instead of Flojo use Mata Fina

I do enjoy the smoothness and mellow flavor of the Flojo just mixed with some ligero. This too is a great cigar.

As far as wrappers go... I like the Equadorian maduro the least. Sad but true. On the other hand...I find the Corojo lives up to it's name as "the king of wrappers". It is a red toned mahogony beauty. I find it to be very unique. Each 1/2 leaf can be sliced into two wrappers capable of rolling two toro sized cigars. So that's 4 wraps out of one leaf. Nice, stretchy and gorgeous. The Criollo 98 comes in second. Great rolling characteristics as well as flavor.

A beautiful cigar can be wrapped by using a simple Nic seco leaf also. It's not advertised as a wrapper but I make Nic puros that are just lovely. Small veins make a very smooth attractive cigar.

My best cigars are the most simple. I started out over complicating to many flavors. One other point is that I dry them out well after rolling. Then, once very dry, I put them in my winedor and bring them back up to 63%. They burn beautifully and taste fantastic.

BTW... I use a 7 x 52 ring mold.

Cheers!

triple cap.jpg

ash.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Re: As a newbie here are my blends so far...

Very nice indeed. Our taste for cigars is very similar. I love the Nicaraguan fillers and the Maduro wrappers. I have just about all of Don's cigar leaf except for the new ones, but a member just sent me some samples of those. I may have to upgrade my stash soon. lol

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: As a newbie here are my blends so far...

Fine looking cigar. Having great tobaccos to work with is a joy. The Nicaraguan Habano Viso also makes some yummy wrappers.

Bob

Indianamac

Nice looking stick!

I see a glass of wine in the back ground, don't I? I like a good wine with my smokes also.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gdaddy

Nice looking stick!

I see a glass of wine in the back ground, don't I? I like a good wine with my smokes also.

Yes, but it's a port. I don't like regular wine with cigars. Just regular port (not tawny) seems to blend well with cigars.

Status
Not open for further replies.