TN 90
Latakia (izmir smyrna)
Maryland 609

first plants started to show up 10 days later

yesterday I started to place them in direct sun in the coldest hours

2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Bravo, Maestro. Congratulations, you are a tobacco papa. According to tradition, you are supposed to send us all a cigar. ;)

forumdotabaco

I wish I could! offering tobacco in Portugal is illegal same for raw tobacco selling, but everyone claims that we leave in a free country lol.
Thank you for the encouragement, today the sun as vanished and rain is back again, all inputs are welcome its my first attempt to grow

forumdotabaco

I will have to get myself a new camera because the one Im using works terrible, I tried to catch closer picks but they come
blurred

DGBAMA

I will have to get myself a new camera because the one Im using works terrible, I tried to catch closer picks but they come
blurred
Look for a setting on the camera called "macro" often indicated by a flower symbol. It lets the camera focus properly for extreme close-up pics.

forumdotabaco

I wish it had that tool, its a cheap mobile phone camera from a Nokia c1 , I have a difficult relation with photography, because of human photographies, that's why I never care enough with buy myself a decent camera I didn't have the need for it.
But now I have the need of a new camera, better late than never.

forumdotabaco

I have a question can some one give a little help please?
until now I've been using distilled water in my seedlings, I plan to change that tomorrow for mineral water,
could it be problematic to just change the water? or should I mix both water types in a rate of 50% in the first days?

leverhead

I have a question can some one give a little help please?
until now I've been using distilled water in my seedlings, I plan to change that tomorrow for mineral water,
could it be problematic to just change the water? or should I mix both water types in a rate of 50% in the first days?

Do you have a rain barrel? Rain water works good.

forumdotabaco

I don't have a place to collect the rain, I will only use mineral ( 50 cents a gallon) water for the seedling after the transplant they will be watered with deep underground water.
for the last weeks the rain here comes full of sand particles from the sahara desert after a rainy day and after drying you can easily see the cars covered of yellow dust.
thank you for the input

forumdotabaco

hi and thank you all.
I have another question, my seedlings are almost ready, but I believe I should wait one more week to transplant them to trays, because I will be a little away in a trip.
My question is, a delay of 8 days to transplant them, could be something very problematic ?
or I will not notice any difference?

forumdotabaco

5.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

This is how they look now
DGBAMA your advise worked out, I manage to find some configs and chance them, picks now looks a little bit better

istanbulin

Founding Member
for the last weeks the rain here comes full of sand particles from the sahara desert after a rainy day and after drying you can easily see the cars covered of yellow dust.

My car is covered with yellow dust. Here, it's tree pollen.

Sometimes southern regions get dust (from N. Africa or through Basra) with rain here, it's almost like a "mud precipitation". I know it sounds like a bad situation for people living in the cities but a recent study showed that desert dust is beneficial (almost a fertilizer) for plants, interestingly for a very famous rain forest ecosystem.

Ilan Koren said:
The Bodélé depression: a single spot in the Sahara that provides most of the mineral dust to the Amazon forest.

About 40 million tons of dust are transported annually from the Sahara to the Amazon basin. Saharan dust has been proposed to be the main mineral source that fertilizes the Amazon basin, generating a dependence of the health and productivity of the rain forest on dust supply from the Sahara. Here we show that about half of the annual dust supply to the Amazon basin is emitted from a single source: the Bodélé depression located northeast of Lake Chad.

Full article : http://iopscience.iop.org/1748-9326/1/1/014005/fulltext/

You're not lucky enough Bob. Actually, according to your soil test results I think you don't need more minerals. :)

Knucklehead

Founding Member
forumdotobaco, an eight day delay in transplant will not hurt you at all. Will there be someone to water the plants while you are gone?

forumdotabaco

I didn't knew about the dust properties , that's good to know, thank you.
yes I will have a neighbour doing it every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.