Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

By golly i thinnk im getting good at hand rolling a cigar {pics}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
I MUST THANK BARg

for sending me a suitable leaf to roll a cigar with....

ive come to realize that the wrapper is very important,,,, my first cigar i rolled with my leaf, which totally wasnt suitable for a wrapper,

i even had my lady friend get me some FRUIT-PECTIN just 4 the occasion,

after this experiment, and sampling them,,, i may actually grow some wrapper, and filler baccy,,along with my cigg blend,,,

i placed the wrapper under a moist towel for some hours, before doing this wrapping,,,,it turned out so perfect,,, im impressed,,,,allthough i payed attention to '' DELUXESTOGIE'S thread stating to roll 2 a day until you get decent,,, 2 more you get a little better,,, 2 more youre getting it tighter,,,2 more and you got it down-pat<----

sam0347t.jpg

By chickenhawk435 at 2011-11-22
sam0348t.jpg

sam0349j.jpg

sam0351h.jpg

sam0353n.jpg

sam0352h.jpg

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Getting better for sure. Good job

i still got some leaf to roll more with,,,'' tommorows project with my daughter'' she wants to see one made,,,

i need to inventory my seed... to see if i have a good wrapper seed,, i know i got havana allready....

i really dont recall in my research that any of my seeds, are suitable for cigar purposes,,,

i also am comtimplating making me a home-made cigar mold out of '' the right size bamboo''

perhaps one to hold 6 cigars at a time,,

i did some research on ct, shade leaf... growing it under a cloth,,,???

i think i got the perfect '' cloth material'' to cover them up good,, lots of guranteed shade,,,

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Chicken,
That long, thin reddish cigar looks like a Marsh Wheeling Deluxe Stogie, but with a nicer wrapper than Marsh puts on theirs.

For your location, I think Florida Sumatra is an obvious choice. It won't require 40% shade cloth and a ten-foot-high framework. Grown in full sun, FL Sumatra will give you a heavy yield of large, medium-brown wrapper.

Bob

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Chicken,
That long, thin reddish cigar looks like a Marsh Wheeling Deluxe Stogie, but with a nicer wrapper than Marsh puts on theirs.

For your location, I think Florida Sumatra is an obvious choice. It won't require 40% shade cloth and a ten-foot-high framework. Grown in full sun, FL Sumatra will give you a heavy yield of large, medium-brown wrapper.

Bob

i agree those bottom 2 turned out real good, and was actually the only 2 i rolled that night,,, the top 3 were prerolled with my leaf and covered with a better wrapper,,,

2 a night,,,,right,lol

tonight we do 2 more,,,,and then i'll proablly be out of this good wrapper,,,,

but yes i will get my hands on some of that florida sumatra, ive seen it's name many times,,,

BarG

Founding Member
Chicken , have you posted that casing recipe, for that smooth smoke sample you sent. That was a real nice blend, [recipe]

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Chicken , have you posted that casing recipe, for that smooth smoke sample you sent. That was a real nice blend, [recipe]

it is a smooth baccy for sure,,,,, i mix some of big- bonners burley with it,,,,,not a lot,,

and it's better than any store bought cigg's.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Some nice looking stogies there. I roll burleys and smoke right away and it's still good.... Wonder how awesome they would be if I had enough patience to store them in a humidor for a few weeks... lol i might never know that answer:)

Steve2md

Not sure how it will smoke yet, I'll let you know after it has rested in the humidor for a while. on a sour note...I got home from dinner and decided to clean my antique meerschaum pipe and broke the bit with an effing pipe cleaner! real amber! I super glued it back together and will try to re shape it with a little sandpaper tomorrow, since all the value as a complete original has been lost. bummer

Status
Not open for further replies.