Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

The right NPK fertilizer for float trays

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonehead

Where do you order your supplies? Do you have a link?
i order the nutrients from who ever has the best price with shipping figured in to the total. i use the three part general hydroponics flora series to grow peppers, tomatoes and cucumbers from start to finish and start tobacco on one of my ebb and flow tables with the same nutrients at a reduced mixture. when i change the nutrient resevores i have fertilizer for all the plants in my garden.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
allthough ive never used a float tray syatem,,, ive seen large greenhouses that do it, and one i saw was filled with bacca, it was a nice site, indeed,

ive accumiulated a lot of floating trays, [ it comes with the job ]

..next year i may make a redneck floating syastem,,, this year im damn near starting my bacca. and my whole grden in starting trays,,, thats how many of them i '' got ''

forumdotabaco

hi can you guys share some brands? I'm having difficulty finding the 20-10-20 urea free fertilizer here.

forumdotabaco

Cant find that one in EU only by ebay and from the USA, the fertilizer costs 7$ and the shipment costs are 47$ plus customs

forumdotabaco

back, I will need some help, fertilizers can use 3 types of Nitrogen right?
nitric, ammoniacal, and urea, we should only avoid urea?
nitric, ammoniacal N are ok right?

Dean

Use a TDS merer, $7 from ebay, use a non urea based feed and have it up between 220 and 300 and all will be good, at that range you will not be at optimism but depending on the feed you will be safe. You could go double to triple of the feed so right and water quality is taken into account. I am quoting ppm of nitrogen over water hardness if that makes sense.

forumdotabaco

Hi again and thank you all, it as been an hard work to find the fertilizer here, I've called lots of factories, commercials , engineers etc, by now I may had found a 15-10-15 urea free but I will have to wait until Monday because the commercial will need to locate a place where I can buy it.

My water analyses are these

Ph 5,7
SiO[SUB]2[/SUB] 13.1+0.4mg/L
Dry residue 41.1mg/L
Dissolved mineral salts 47mg/L
CL 9.3mg/L
HCO[SUB]3[/SUB] 11.0mg/L
SO[SUB]4[/SUB][SUP]2- [/SUP]1.43 mg/L
NO[SUB]3[/SUB][SUP]− [/SUP]1.62 mg/L
F− <0.08
Na 6.9 mg/L
Mg 1.63 mg/L
Ca 0.7 mg/L
K 0.84 mg/L

forumdotabaco

hi I have all mixed Burleys, Virginia ,Orientals its my first year so things still a little confuse.

istanbulin

Founding Member
My water analyses are these

Ph 5,7
SiO[SUB]2[/SUB] 13.1+0.4mg/L
Dry residue 41.1mg/L
Dissolved mineral salts 47mg/L
CL 9.3mg/L
HCO[SUB]3[/SUB] 11.0mg/L
SO[SUB]4[/SUB][SUP]2- [/SUP]1.43 mg/L
NO[SUB]3[/SUB][SUP]− [/SUP]1.62 mg/L
F− <0.08
Na 6.9 mg/L
Mg 1.63 mg/L
Ca 0.7 mg/L
K 0.84 mg/L

Is this an analysis of a mineral water ? Although other levels are not looking bad Cl level is high. Actually, I don't know if your analysis is giving the "free chlorine" level but this level may cause combustibility problems on your leaves. if I recall correctly, Cl level of a standart swimming pool is max 1.5 mg/l and optimum is around 0.5 mg/l. (for a comparison)

forumdotabaco

I was buying mineral water to avoid chloride, looks like I will have to read better before buy it.

Matty

Maybe it would be a good idea to find out how much chloride is naturally present in any water. I checked some pages using google and saw a lot of high chloride levels, one was 25mg/l for tap water.

Status
Not open for further replies.