Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

The right NPK fertilizer for float trays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
Just use KANGEN WATER.You can adjust it to what You want. It would be a wast here due to even after it rains Ya got to water. Plant ,water and watch is what the method is here. They will grow.....

istanbulin

Founding Member
I think those techniques may be for neutralising the chlorine. They may not remove the Cl from water but change its form. More active compound turns into more neutral forms.

I found this web page after a quick search;
http://www.fs.fed.us/t-d/pubs/html/05231301/05231301.html

Hypochlorous acid (HOCl) found in bleaches and water treatment chemicals (I don't think there's HOCl in mineral waters) gives these reactions with Vitamin C.

C[SUB]5[/SUB]H[SUB]5[/SUB]O[SUB]5[/SUB]CH[SUB]2[/SUB]OH + HOCl → C[SUB]5[/SUB]H[SUB]3[/SUB]O[SUB]5[/SUB]CH[SUB]2[/SUB]OH + HCl + H[SUB]2[/SUB]O
(Ascorbic acid)

C[SUB]5[/SUB]H[SUB]5[/SUB]O[SUB]5[/SUB]CH[SUB]2[/SUB]ONa + HOCl → C[SUB]5[/SUB]H[SUB]3[/SUB]O[SUB]5[/SUB]CH[SUB]2[/SUB]OH + NaCl + H[SUB]2[/SUB]O
(Sodium ascorbate)

As you see, there's still Cl in water (form of NaCl and HCl).

So these methods are for eliminating the HOCl (bleach, disinfectant etc) in the water. Cl remains in the water but in a less effective form.

But, I don't know how those guys (in the link above) found 0 mg/l Total Chlorine content in the Vitamin C treated water.

forumdotabaco

I was buying the best mineral water on the market, now I will have grab water from a mine at least its free :D

Status
Not open for further replies.