Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

The 45th Tobacco Workers Conference (A call to arms)

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Many have asked "How can I help the site?". A lot of good ideas have floated around and I really never expected anything (personally) from any of the offers...fact of the matter...it really doesn't cost a heck of a lot to run the site.

The Whole leaf site and the forum have been merged (in affect) for many months. The Whole Leaf site is currently being redesigned and will soon have an interactive home page which will be continually updated with tobacco news, articles, and most current forum topics.

I'd like to put a community drive together to send one representative from FTT to the Tobacco Growers Conference. The candidate will be by invitation only, so you'll have to trust me on who goes. The representative will prepare a review of what the conference covered and write articles about any relevant topics discussed at the conference (this person might not be a member, but will be qualified to fulfill the job description)

If anyone wants to make a donation to send this representative, I will match the amount. If in the event no representative can attend the conference, your donation will be refunded in full.

Anyone willing to make a donation for this purpose can do so by sending it to paypal account Don@WholeLeafTobacco.com Your donation will remain anonymous until the end of the conference when a "Thank you" post will be created and even then the amount of your donation will not be listed.

I know times are tough for everyone, so if you can't donate anything, I completely understand and you shouldn't feel the slightest bit of obligation to do so.

Thank you for your help and please post any comments, concerns and suggestions.

BigBonner

Founding Member
Don

How much cash do you think we need to be gather up to send this person ?

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
The conference runs from January 16-19 and the actual cost to attend is $275. There will be a need to cover expenses for four days on top of that, so an additional $600 to $800 would not be out of line. Sometimes the best information is learned outside the perimeters of the structured meetings over a beer or six ;)

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i know nothing about '' paypal''

one of those things the computer has that ive went around so far,,,,

is thier somewhere i can send a moneyorder to,?

it's good the date is in january,,,,

the holidays will have me strapped,

but in january i have no problems with donating for the cause,,,

during this time of year my job damn near shuts down for the holidays,,, i do road work and when traffic is expected to be holiday traffic,,,, we cant work, the state wont allow it,

but in january,,, no problem

but i need to send a money order,,,,''sorry''

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
And... I would like to add, it would be nice if we could send this representative with a list of a few questions that we would personally like to know the answers to. Not so many questions as to overwhelm anyone though.

Edit: Just noticed that the registration fee goes up to $400.00 if made after 8 December.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
We'll know by the 8th if we're going to send someone and after we know, I'll start a thread for questions members would like addressed...if we send someone.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Unfortunately, there is no interest in this proposal. I'm still trying to figure out a way to send someone, but it isn't looking good. There was a total of $65 pledged.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Bummer! But I understand the lack of interest. Most people here are not "big" tobacco farmers and I think most of the agenda items listed would not be of practical use to them. I looked at the agenda and out of the 100 or so topics they had listed, I was interested in about 6 of them. What might be interesting to do in the future would be set up our own little "seminar". There could be plenty of hands on demo's like how to set up a shade cloth system, wiring up a kiln, how to make Latakia, cigar rolling demo's, comparison of tobacco shredding machines etc... and of course, a tobacco leaf swap!

Randy B

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
The conference was last week. I noticed on their website that they have a CD of the conference they will send to all attendees. I'm sure if someone contacted them they would send a copy!

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I know one of the speakers and one of the attendees. I'll see if one of them can grab a CD. If I can get one, can someone make copies so we don't have to pass around one copy?