Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Vapor Proof Bags

BarG

Founding Member
Thanks Don, I wish. I used my last stash of clear heart on my front door. Thats just yellow pine on some antique science lab cabs. I refinished. I rolled a few more since my last post. I had to break into another lb. of the Habano Seco and another hand of Bezuki..

100_2409.jpg

BarG

Founding Member
Re: Vapor Proof Bags=Great burning Cigar

In my humble opinion the vapor proof bags are very favorable for storing cigar tobacco in a ready to process and roll cigar tobacco. FmGrowit once mentioned a well made cigar shoild burn for 6 minutes left unattended. Here is one rolled half homegrown kilned and half aged purchased from WLT, all stored in vapor proof bags for months and removed and rolled 12 hours pryor to smoking,[A record for me, to roll more than 1 or 2 at a time].
This particular combination of leaves will make up a couple of cigar packages for this christmas, along with another combo or 2 still to be tested.

1 whole leaf Pa Red
1/2 leaf perique
1/2 leaf habano viso
1 whole leaf habano seco
Pa Red binder
Bezuki wrapper
pectin used sparingly an last 2/3 edge of wrapper

This first pic shows after firing up and smoking for 8 minutes, letting sit for a very long 6 minutes and still burning well enough after a couple small puffs to truly enjoy. Too bad the 1" long ash fell off just pryor to pic.

100_2410.jpg

This pic shows same cigar after about 30 min. with another 1" whitish ash, still burning evenly and consistent.

100_2411.jpg

1 hour later at time of this post the cigar is about 2/3 gone and still tight and smoking like one of the best I have ever rolled. I can't wait to test the same combo with the Bonner Burley wrapper and Ct. Broadleaf binder.:cool:

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Sorry to hijack, but was it ever determined if a FoodSaver machine will seal these bags?

I don't think anyone has mentioned trying one, but it should work. Let us know if you give it a shot. Curling irons and clothes irons have been proven to work. Just don't let the wife catch you.

gargynko

Guys what about aging? Can the leaves be aged properly when sealed air tight? I am just wondering if an oxygen shouldnt be present for aging.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Guys what about aging? Can the leaves be aged properly when sealed air tight? I am just wondering if an oxygen shouldnt be present for aging.
It will age well inside a sealed bag, so long as it is not dry. There is enough O[sub]2[/sub] in the bag.

Bob

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Yeah when you order from Don, take what you need out of the bag and close it up tightly (I wouldn't bother re sealing a 1lb bag) it will continue just getting better.

If it's not in this bag though or from this vendor you need to ensure the case is correct for leaving in a bag long term. If it's too high it will mold, usually in the spots you can't see from the outside

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Well this year I'm expecting a larger than normal crop..

I'll definitely be ordering a lot of these bags around august...

I just don't have the room to do like boboro and store it in 100 beer boxes.

BarG

Founding Member
Lol! More beer, more whiskey, more women. Heh heh. More cigars! More more more...

Keep an eye on your bags and periodicly check for dust in the bottom, as this could be a sign of tobacco beetles. All it takes is one to lay some eggs on your leaf and it'll be sealed in. I have taken it straight off the drying rack and sealed it up and had to deal with it by using the freezer method. Comepletly dry the stems and then bring back to low medium case helps also I believe. I love those bags for keeping in case ready to smoke but also for vast amounts you should drink a lot of beer and save the boxes.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Lol! More beer, more whiskey, more women. Heh heh. More cigars! More more more...

Keep an eye on your bags and periodicly check for dust in the bottom, as this could be a sign of tobacco beetles. All it takes is one to lay some eggs on your leaf and it'll be sealed in. I have taken it straight off the drying rack and sealed it up and had to deal with it by using the freezer method. Comepletly dry the stems and then bring back to low medium case helps also I believe. I love those bags for keeping in case ready to smoke but also for vast amounts you should drink a lot of beer and save the boxes.

well this year any '' BUG'S'' dont have a chance... i got me a bottle of '' py-rentis '' in a very concentrated form...

mainlly for them ugly bugs that get on my mater plants..

bacillius therogenious [ thuricide ] for the hornworms...

and some ADMIRE for the aphid's.

to be a true bacca grower ,,, you'll learn a lot of incetiside

ChinaVoodoo

Doesn't a week in the freezer kill tobacco beetles?