Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hello from Estonia

Status
Not open for further replies.

daniel draeving

Welcome to FTT markx. It sounds like you've been bitten by the tobacco growing bug. It's like you said "there is no way back". Good luck with your grow this year.

DonH

Well...fueled by the beginners enthusiasm and the warm welcomes of this community I raced a bit ahead of things and rolled my very first homegrown cig from a few withered virginia leaves that I had left to color cure on the lid of my fish tank. I removed some of the wussy bottom leaves about a week and half ago from the virginia plants that I have going strong in some big plant pots....and left them on the warm tank lid. Now they had turned a beautiful golden brown and I just could not resist. Upon lighting the thing I expected to be met with a rather harsh and sharp bite of the uncured tobacco. But to my amazement I was greeted by a nice mellow taste, completely bite free. In fact so subtle and different was it compared to commercial notes that I immediately noticed the taste of the cigarette paper...something that is usually disguised when rolling the commercial stuff. The verdict is conclusive now...there is no way back! :cool:
P.S. I just noticed that I'm completely devoid of any reasonable photographic equipment at the moment....lent my camera to a good friend and my phone broke down just yesterday. Gotta do something about this...so much to document and to share....;)
When the bottom leaves (lugs) turn brown on the plant, they don't need aging to smoke. By the way, I have to say your command of the English language is amazing. Better than us native speakers! How did you learn English so well?

Markx

When the bottom leaves (lugs) turn brown on the plant, they don't need aging to smoke. By the way, I have to say your command of the English language is amazing. Better than us native speakers! How did you learn English so well?

Oh, so that's why it tasted so well done without being subject to the wear and tear of curing :) The tricks of the trade just keep coming and lighting my path...many thanks! As for the language....I guess I may just have a tiny bit of talent concerning this particular area of communication :p The german company that I work for has the english language set as the official means of communication....go figure :D
In the six years that I have worked there a curious myth has evolved around my origin and I do not know how exactly this came to be....at first many colleagues told me that I have a distinctive american accent and asked me if I've lived there. I only have visited the states for 2 weeks in my life and that is hardly enough to pick up an accent. So I told them, but I guess they did not buy it because after six month I already had to face the convictions of having lived in america :D After a few years the rumors had escalated to the level of me being a native resident of the US :D

Status
Not open for further replies.