Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Cheese making, now there is something that goes here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dean

I have just finished a large batch of camonbare. Tomorrow I will be trying an un tested blue Brie. I reckon I have been in it long enough to adjust a couple of recipes. I have now got access to cows for milking, I say milking but it just comes off the top of the milking schedule. I am churning my own butter and hope the cheese is better. The cream content alone dictates it will be better. I'll know more in a month.

cheers

Dean

Is there no one who does it, not the hard corners by the looks they have all been on and no comment. Does no one have a cow down the back paddock that will produce or access to one? Goats are also useful as I want to learn goat cheese production for my home. I have a hard on for soft goat in charcoal. Nothing I can't learn but will be trioling.

Dean

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
I made cheese for quite a few years. I have Amish farmer's within a stones throw ( actually about 5 miles away). Mozarella was always my favorite to make. Over the years I just got out of the habit of making it . Now I buy cheese from the Amish. This particular farm makes a really tasty Garlic Cheddar.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Is there no one who does it, not the hard corners by the looks they have all been on and no comment. Does no one have a cow down the back paddock that will produce or access to one? Goats are also useful as I want to learn goat cheese production for my home. I have a hard on for soft goat in charcoal. Nothing I can't learn but will be trioling.

Dean
Well. I tried GoogleTranslate, but still have no idea what you're asking, other than if I have a cow. I don't. My next door neighbor has two dairy goats, but I don't use that milk. I've made hard cheeses and soft cheeses, but no bacteria- or mold-ripened cheeses. All of the milk I use is store-bought, both cow and goat (the latter for feta). My challenge is finding milk that is only Pasteurized, rather than "ultra-pasteurized."

My feta and soft cheeses are exceptional, whereas all the hard cheeses I have made just taste like any old factory hard cheese.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.