Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

classic french Gauloises

Status
Not open for further replies.

charles

Unless your from Paris .....then what you do is point at a pack and make a gargeling sound in the back of your throat.
Goulwahz (with a rolling "L") and I suppose you should throw an "eh" (with a heavy exhale) at the end.

ChinaVoodoo

The only cigarettes that I ever truly enjoyed were roll your own Gitanes. I remember the tailor mades weren't as good, and gaulois were different. Sadly, in my pipe it wasn't great. Too strong, and left a dish soap aftertaste. I'm hoping, growing Adonis, one sucker, and Prilep, I'll be able to make a pipe blend that matches what I remember.

jolly

In college I smoked Gauloises ryo. Little blue fold over plastic pouch. Pretty dark tobacco in a very fine shag cut. I smoked it in a pipe occasionally, too. Loved that stuff. I've read it's extinct now, but Kendal Dark from Gawith and Hoggarth is pretty close. I recall not liking the premade gauloises cigs at all. I would imagine they were contracted through totally different vendors. It's always amazed me how a brand is really just a label, and what's inside can be anything from anywhere.

Okinawan808

Hello!
I've just discovered this thread and got my hands on some Gauloises made in France. I blend pipe tobacco but never have gotten into the habit of cigarettes (However) this blend got my taste. Been a while but how did you gents get on with your experiments?

Status
Not open for further replies.