Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Advice on the Aleman from WLT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gdaddy

I think I want to try some. Where should I start? Aleman Oscuro Capa/Banda wrapper or Aleman Seco Banda ? Can the seco be used as filler? I have Nic ligero and Dominican ligero so I don't need any more unless the Aleman ligero is really special.

How would you describe the flavors of this tobacco?

I'm trying to find a nice sweet flavor in the tobacco would this fit the bill? Any other recommendations?

Thanks for any help.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I have the Aleman Ligero and really like it as a condiment filler. I haven't rolled one yet that used Aleman as the main course but it doesn't seem as strong as the Nicaraguan Ligero. It has a nice flavor of medium strength. I don't have the tobacco language to describe flavors so I would only confuse you with a description. I liked it, that's all I know.

I also have the Aleman Capa Banda (Wrapper/Binder) I use it mainly as a binder. It adds a nice flavor without overpowering the cigar. The price is hard to beat right now, due to slight bug damage on the plant end of the leaf, this end is usually cut off when prepping the binder or wrapper. Since you have plenty of Ligero, I would recommend going with this Wrapper/Binder first to get a taste for the flavors, then buy the Ligero if you really like it.

I don't have the Aleman Seco Banda (Binder).

There are good reviews in this thread: http://fairtradetobacco.com/threads/3247-Aleman-tobaccos-have-been-listed

ArizonaDave

The Aleman Seco is supreme milk chocolate, with a nice rich taste. The Oscuro is good too, but I'd rate it under the Seco. Haven't tried the Liguero.

Status
Not open for further replies.