Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Whole Leaf Cigar Blends

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmaxB

How's bout maybe a beginners section in the cigar leaf section allowing for the purchase of 2 or 3 leaves of a given variety and price accordingly with a must buy a minimum of 3 kinds . Let the customer build their own started pack.
Give recommendations on the page along with "you may also be interested in".

Indianamac

Hope I'm not too late!!! Here is mine:

2-NicaraguanSeco filler
1-NicaraguanLigero filler
1-DominicanLigero filler
1-HabanoBrazilian Viso filler
1-Dominican binder
½-Any Maduro wrapper

holyRYO

My not serious entry. Just rolled and smoking my first homemade cigar.

1 small leaf Red Flue Cured
1/8 leaf Maryland 609, trimmings left over from half leaf binder
1/3 leaf Dark Fired
3 leafs Prilep
Maryland 609 binder, a little spit to seal the deal, cut the ends with scizzors.
No expensive wrapper

Everything was right out of the bag, as delivered moisture, sat it in the sun a few minutes, and sparked it up.

Was rediculously easy. Looks good enough to smoke in public. Some relights, draws great, burning even enough, nice dark ash. Tasting devine, inhaling every puff. Best cigar I have ever smoked. Can feel the nicotine, but wanting more, saving the second half for latter, everything holding together.

Surprised that the "cigarette" tobaccos are not more popular in the other entries. Taste great to me. Read that prior to 1930's, most all flue cured was used in cigars, before cigarette production monopolized the industry. Could be the lost secret ingredient?

So far the cheapest entry... first class in my novice opion.

Edited: once my head cleared a little, could not resist, sparked up the second half.

DonH

Yeah, I'm going to experiment with more cigarette tobaccos in cigars. Cigars are nice but the flavors in classic Caribbean ones are too intense for an everyday thing for me.

holyRYO

Just smoked the last third down to the nub, a damn fine after dinner smoke. Less inhaling down this far, but still good rich flavor without. Now smoking a cigarette I made out of the roach, it won't stay lit, but making this cheapo happy. lol

Bruck

My not serious entry. Just rolled and smoking my first homemade cigar.

Congratulations! I rolled probably 15 or 20 before I was able to roll anything halfway decent looking :) But the flavor has always been excellent.

pacman

NEW Suave Sampler _mild_medium robust flavor_ contest entry 5_26_2014.JPG
here's my first ad submission, the first of 3; Suave Sampler - a cigar blend for the casual/introductory enthusiast.
I have added appealing names in Spanish that correlate to the experience/preference of the cigar enthusiast; mild = Suave,
medium= Medio, and strong = Fuerte.
You could offer more medium and strong blends as there are more of medium to strong leaf varieties.
You could start with just 3 blend packages/offerings to get started, then ad blends as you see demand rise.
One new blend 30/60/90 days or offer "ala cart"; select 3 leaf types in half pound increments of your choice for your pleasure with
details about what variety would go well with what other variety(s).
I can have the other ads written and ready to go within a day or two for medium and strong blends.
1/2 lb qty's cost effective, ease of use for producer, keep price reasonable for buyers.

Attachments

• NEW Suave Sampler _mild_medium robust flavor_ contest entry 5_26_2014.png
    NEW Suave Sampler _mild_medium robust flavor_ contest entry 5_26_2014.png
    288.3 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Yes, we have a couple of blends packaged. The time study, weighed product, calculated costs...blah, blah, blah is done and the cost will be real close to $23 for enough tobacco (fillers, binder and wrapper) to make about 15 cigars.

I'll try to get them listed in time for our inaugural Member Appreciation Day

Last edited:

COLIN

I smoke cigg but wishing to have a go at rolling some cigars. I still have a large quantity of air cured Bafra.F L surmatra P A red and was wandering if these should used as fillers binders or wrappers. Im going to order a sampler from Don but would like to use a lot of mine in the mixture.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I smoke cigg but wishing to have a go at rolling some cigars. I still have a large quantity of air cured Bafra.F L surmatra P A red and was wandering if these should used as fillers binders or wrappers. Im going to order a sampler from Don but would like to use a lot of mine in the mixture.
FL Sumatra can provide some wonderful wrappers. And PA Red is one of my favorite fillers--deep and leathery aromas.

Bob

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member

If your leaf is not fermented, it will smoke much more like cigarette tobacco than cigar tobacco.

ArizonaDave

Colin, I'd say ask DELUXSTOGIE, he'd probably know.

There is another way to find out, keep a log book, roll a couple, and take notes on how the flavors mix. Don has some GREAT leaves at WLT!

Bruck

1) go for it! rolling stogies is a great hobby!

2) cigarette tobacco can be used in a cigar but I would recommend using it sparingly, to shape the flavor profile

3) sumatra can be a good filler or binder - imparts a sort of exotic flavor if that makes sense :)

Status
Not open for further replies.