Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Urine fertilizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeezyjohn

And PO - I find that another waste product, used snus, can be saved for use in the garden. I keep all mine and soak it in some water to make a spray that I can use to kill all kinds of bugs!

I know it has to be really targeted because nicotine can also kill beneficial insects like bees - but if you take the concentrated liquid and spray it carefully on aphids it gets rid of them so fast it's unbelievable!

forumdotabaco

I'm honestly confused we are supposed to avoid urea right?
I know manure must be cured for one year before we can use it, but even cured will contain a lot of urea from the urine
I'm just confused one more time or urea comes from urine?

Jpcouling

Great post squeezyjohn! I am with you. FDT, I believe urine is largely urea, which is a widely available and fast acting fertilizer. As it ages the urea becomes ammonia from what I understand, used fresh I think it should be heavily diluted for tobacco. I will be looking in to the mechanism more and report back as I learn!

ArizonaDave

Yes. There's something in a dog's urine that seems to kill things. Had a big dog a while back, and would instantly kill a grass patch like a circle, and my wife's little dachshund, well, it took a while to get the same effect. Nonetheless, it was just a littler circle :)

squeezyjohn

As I said - undiluted urine applied freshly to plants will burn the leaves and eventually kill the plant! It should be diluted at a rate of 3:1 or higher for application to plant roots.

Urine that has been collected and stored for a month is no more beneficial to the plants - BUT it does ensure that any pathogens contained within the urine will be killed off.

There's a lot of much better written information at this page http://www.sswm.info/category/imple...re/reuse-urine-and-faeces-agriculture/urine-f

Jpcouling

As I said - undiluted urine applied freshly to plants will burn the leaves and eventually kill the plant! It should be diluted at a rate of 3:1 or higher for application to plant roots.

Urine that has been collected and stored for a month is no more beneficial to the plants - BUT it does ensure that any pathogens contained within the urine will be killed off.

There's a lot of much better written information at this page http://www.sswm.info/category/imple...re/reuse-urine-and-faeces-agriculture/urine-f

Thank you for that great link Squeezyjohn. You are really helping me out!

springheal

There is absolutely no doubt that human urine worked wonders for my experiment.
As a trial, I applied fresh watered down urine to just 2 newly planted out plants. Those 2 plants were well ahead of the rest of my crop.
Works wonders for lemon trees as well as has been mentioned.
This is nothing new at all as it has been done for many decades with proven success. Any after taste??? Nonsense.:D
Human urine and animal urine are not the same and remember, you are what you eat!

Ben Brand

Are you guys taking the piss??:)

Tried it 2 years ago, after a week of applying the urine/ water fertilizer it started to smell real bad.
I was tought in the army many years ago that as soon as urine gets mixed with water it starting to smell, dont agree, u take a bunch of men and let them use a rock or tree as a pisswa ( excuse my french) it will smell with or without water. I will rather stick to comercial fretilizers.

POGreen

It first it might smell , just like you say but will disappear in a day or 2.
from what I have read it is supposed to be the best fertilizer there is next to grassclippings and chickenmanure followed by cowmanure.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Well I've definatlly accidentally fertilized my patch in the past..

Because if the urge comes upon me while I'm out there..I will definatlly pull it out and take care of business

Status
Not open for further replies.