Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

A Kiln, Tobacco, the Process, and Why

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
For most electrical gadgets (motors, filaments, glowing phosphors, heaters), the most stressful times are when electrical current is initially applied, because of the alteration of resistance with temp. So the tighter the hysteresis (differential between set point and minimum allowed), the more frequent the max stress, and the shorter the lifespan of the device. This is usually only a minor consideration.

Bob

ChinaVoodoo

For most electrical gadgets (motors, filaments, glowing phosphors, heaters), the most stressful times are when electrical current is initially applied, because of the alteration of resistance with temp. So the tighter the hysteresis (differential between set point and minimum allowed), the more frequent the max stress, and the shorter the lifespan of the device. This is usually only a minor consideration.

Bob
I haven't sat down and timed the cycles. I've got 4" thick foam and it's only running on 80W, but I suppose 123° with a 2° differential would be a significant improvement.

Shao

Hello guys. I have such a situation. I fermented Cuban criollo at 120 degrees f for more than two months. 3 months have passed since the fermentation. The lower part of the leaf smells good.sweet flavour.but the top part does not. Can you recommend something?Maybe more fermentation?

Shao

I Store them in cellophane.humidityis about 85%.maybe excess moisture is the reason?

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
If you could describe your fermentation technique in detail, and explain the current appearance, odor and storage of your leaf, perhaps we could provide a helpful opinion. Photos of your leaf would help.

Bob

Shao

I fermented at 120 degrees. Humidity about 85. Once a week I was taking them from cellophane Then I moistened them again and continue the fermentation. So for about 10 weeks.i also have bezuki and Havana long leaf Which has a pleasant aroma.but Cuban criollo.broadleaf and Havana 2000 does not.

Attachments

• IMG_20210321_173403229.jpg
    IMG_20210321_173403229.jpg
    362.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20210321_173313848.jpg
    IMG_20210321_173313848.jpg
    734.8 KB · Views: 27

Shao

When I took it out from the kiln and opened the cellophane The smell was very strong.maybe ammonia??the lower part of the leaf (not the lower leaf from the plant),the thinner part of this leaf has normal flavour. but the top of this leaf ,which is thicker,does not.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Although the several varieties of Criollo (Cuba) that I have grown may be different from yours, I found that all of them required a rest period of many months (6 to 18) after kilning, before I was happy with them. This, compared to my Corojo 99 (Cuba), which is usually wonderful after two or three weeks of rest beyond kilning.

Bob

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Any chance we can get to see the. Elesware?
Unlikely. @AmaxB posted that a decade ago, and has not been active on the forum for the past 7½ years.

Welcome to the forum, @Smokinstags. Feel free to introduce yourself in the Introduce Yourself forum. Do read the New Growers' FAQ, and scan through the topics in our Index of Key Forum Threads. Both are linked in the menu bar.

Bob