Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Moscca's set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

moscca

Today received my cutting board and last friday my molds.
Hopefully my tabacco arrives next week !!!

molds.JPG

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Very nice! Let's see some cigars. That is a nice piece of granite also. I see the 48x7, what size is the other mold?

moscca

The other mold is a Lanceteros 38 x 7, still waiting on a 52 x 6 1/2.
Lot's of granite, but that's kitchen department !
If I ask friendly maybe I can roll the wrapper there.
I known lots of guy's here don't mind the looks of the cigar and more the smoke.
But for me it will be also a challenge to roll them good looking.
I love the looks of a well rolled cigars.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
You sound like a guy that takes pride in what he does. I like that. If you don't strive for perfection, you will never be excellent. :)

moscca

Today phoned again to my shipping agent, and he told me that the container with my tabacco is held by the custums.
It will be for next week probably !!
The good thing is that I found the spare parts for my car and got it back form the shop today.
So next week I'm off to Danli !
I'll stay a few days so I will look out for somebody who can give me a few rolling classes.

Bruck

Today phoned again to my shipping agent, and he told me that the container with my tabacco is held by the custums.
It will be for next week probably !!
The good thing is that I found the spare parts for my car and got it back form the shop today.
So next week I'm off to Danli !
I'll stay a few days so I will look out for somebody who can give me a few rolling classes.

There are numerous rolling videos on youtube, but if you can get an in-person lesson, so much the better. And as you've probably noticed, there are a lot of rollers on this forum who can give you some hints and tips.

Buena suerte!

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
looks like your set to make some nice cigars.

just dont get frustrated if the first few dont come out looking like you may want them

its gonna take some pratice before you get the right roll... before putting them in the press,

remember the press flattens and rounds out what u got,

so make them a little bigger than the mold to compensate for the compaction,

good luck and post some pics of what you came up with,

quo155

Nice rolling board! I'm looking for something just like that myself, but I'm being too picky on price!

Anyway, I do hope your tobacco arrives soon for you!

Great set up!

moscca

Phoned again to my shipper, and tomorrow (mañana !!! hmmm... it is always mañana here) everything should here.
Very excited !!
Today went for a sponge, distilled water to prepare my wrapper. Don't think I'll need a lot here with this humidity, but want to make sure I have everything.
All I could find was distilled water, deionised, for batteries. Do you think this is OK to use ?

Jan.

Gdaddy

I like the molds!! Distilled water is what you want.

You'll need glue also. I found pectin to be very bitter and ended up re-rolling 50 cigars because of it. Cellulose glue is much better imo.

quo155

You'll need glue also. I found pectin to be very bitter and ended up re-rolling 50 cigars because of it. Cellulose glue is much better imo.

After buying some pectin, though I've yet to use it/roll yet, I am learning that it will be bitter and not last long on cigars (meaning the "taste" will go bad over a short time). I am still studying this a bit...

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
That is incorrect. I (and many others) have used pectin for cigar glue for years. To my jaded tongue, it has zero taste. If you apply too much, it just takes a long time to dry, and doesn't burn well. By applying only a sheen of viscous pectin to just the margin of the wrapper near the head, prior to finishing the wrap, it will dry quickly, and has no taste.

I recommend pectin because it adds no taste.

If pectin were bitter, then a whole bag of it, mixed into a batch of home-made jam, would make bitter jam. That having been said, some individual are uniquely capable of tasting certain things that most of the population cannot taste. I don't know that pectin is one of them, but I couldn't say for sure.

Bitter test: Lick your fingertip, then gently touch it to the surface of some dried pectin--not a gob of it, but just a dusting. Now touch it to your tongue.

Plan B: You can always try gum Arabic, gum Tragacanth, guar gum, or any other non-toxic gum.

Bob

quo155

Hey Bob! I by no means intend to start a war...of the minds...in regards to this subject. However, I read various opinions, stories, etc. and simply looked further into it. I am finding that it is all true! LOL...like you said, some can taste different things that some can not.

I purchased the non-sweetened/no sugar pectin...I just tasted it (per your recommendation...one that I should have thought of on my own well before any of this!) and I taste nothing but a hint of, well...nothingness!

Anyway...to you and to those that have shared with me their experiences with "this and that" in regards to the tiny bit of glue needed, I see it now as nothing more than a personal preference and recommendation...but at the end of the day, it ALL boils down to what we, the individual....prefer!

So...with that said, thank you ALL for your help!

moscca

tuck cutter.jpg

Arrived yesterday, very happy with it, looks very solid, nice construction !

Jan.

Status
Not open for further replies.