Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

WLT Prilep

Status
Not open for further replies.

holyRYO

http://wholeleaftobacco.com/Turkish-Oriental-Prilep-Prilep.htm

The description sum's it up very well. After smoking for a while, I think the perfect cigarette blender. Compliments everything I tried. Really has a smoothing effect. The taste never overwhelms and always brings a rounder floral quality to the flavor.

If I was trying to craft a superb light cigarette, I would start with a decent portion of Prilep and a slight majority of Flue Cured like the Bright or Lemon.

On it's own, it does not burn very well like every other turkish type I have tried. Some classic Turkish flavor, complimented by slightly sweet fruity nuances, super nice. I can't detect any nicotine, low like other types. Smoked straight up, even non filtered, makes a fantastic ultra light cigarette... zero harshness without being robbed for flavor.

Anyone new to whole leaf, in my strong opion, should start with a pound of the Prilep and a pound of the Bright Flue Cured. Throw out any preconceived notions of Turkish tobacco. No matter your style, depending on the blend proportions, I can't see how one could not make something that will not impress. Afterwards, thank Don.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brooksy

I always use a little prilep in my cigars, great addition in my opinion.

smoker

I just ordered a lb. each of Prilep and Izmir along with redleaf and the old belt brightleaf. I will have to experiment on ratios but it can be deduced that (at least) 50% of the oriental portion will be Izmir from this bit of info. It also hints to the content of the oriental portion of Camel cigarettes, otherwise it's not much help... http://legacy.library.ucsf.edu/documentStore/i/f/i/ifi00j00/Sifi00j00.pdf

ArizonaDave

I mixed it in with some cigar scraps I had, and it mellowed the Tobacco out enough so I could add Ligero. Plus, I been rolling my own Prilep cigars, and I concur, they are good!

smoker

Another blend for the oriental portion of cigarettes I found in documents is 33% Izmir 33% Samsun 17% Basma 17% Prilep. Prilep was referred to as Yugoslav in some cases.

MarcL

I just got a sample of some of this in my order and smoked it. I like it. It's a little mellower then Izmir. Very nice.

driftinmark

I believe Don said a while that the key is to have a combination of orientals to round out the flavor of the smoke, and I find this is very correct, the prilep adds a more full dimension to the izmir that I use....now if there were only some samsun availble for sale, lol.....maybe some xanthi.....

DirkReids

http://wholeleaftobacco.com/Turkish-Oriental-Prilep-Prilep.htm

The description sum's it up very well. After smoking for a while, I think the perfect cigarette blender. Compliments everything I tried. Really has a smoothing effect. The taste never overwhelms and always brings a rounder floral quality to the flavor.

If I was trying to craft a superb light cigarette, I would start with a decent portion of Prilep and a slight majority of Flue Cured like the Bright or Lemon.

On it's own, it does not burn very well like every other turkish type I have tried. Some classic Turkish flavor, complimented by slightly sweet fruity nuances, super nice. I can't detect any nicotine, low like other types. Smoked straight up, even non filtered, makes a fantastic ultra light cigarette... zero harshness without being robbed for flavor.

Anyone new to whole leaf, in my strong opion, should start with a pound of the Prilep and a pound of the Bright Flue Cured. Throw out any preconceived notions of Turkish tobacco. No matter your style, depending on the blend proportions, I can't see how one could not make something that will not impress. Afterwards, thank Don.
Well friend I am pretty new to whole leaf and I will follow your advice..Prilep and Bright Flue Cured seems to forming right blend..

Knucklehead

Founding Member
For a full flavor explosion try 40% Flue Cure, 20% Burley, 20% Maryland, 10% Dark Air, 5% Izmir Ozbas, 5% Prilep. Fairly strong but not harsh. Wonderful layers of flavor. It comes with the Knucklehead stamp of approval.

ArizonaDave

I believe Don said a while that the key is to have a combination of orientals to round out the flavor of the smoke, and I find this is very correct, the prilep adds a more full dimension to the izmir that I use....now if there were only some samsun availble for sale, lol.....maybe some xanthi.....

You could probably grow it where you're at? Don has the rest :)

DirkReids

http://wholeleaftobacco.com/Turkish-...lep-Prilep.htm

If I was trying to craft superb light
e cigarettes, I would start with a decent portion of Prilep and a slight majority of Flue Cured like the Bright or Lemon.

Well friend I am pretty new to whole leaf and I will follow your advice..Prilep and Bright Flue Cured seems to forming right blend
Just followed your advice and it worked so nice..The flavor is just awesome and I am loving.. Would love to follow you in future too:)

Desertpipe

Just reading this makes me wonder if this wouldn't be a nice addition to a Virginia/Oriental pipe tobacco blend. Any thoughts from you that use this in ciggies?

ArizonaDave

That's interesting Bob.

I'm probably going to order some more types from Don. I've been experimenting with adding Prelep with Cigars, why not the rest? Latakia though, I believe you stated somewhere else, is not a good cigar additive?

holyRYO

Just followed your advice and it worked so nice..The flavor is just awesome and I am loving.. Would love to follow you in future too:)
If you like that blend, try the Prilep with the Red and with the Light next, all leaf off the same plant but each has it's own taste.

Just reading this makes me wonder if this wouldn't be a nice addition to a Virginia/Oriental pipe tobacco blend. Any thoughts from you that use this in ciggies?

Besides the goopy aromatics, I have found that whatever is rated excellent in a pipe, is also excellent in a cigarette. Visa versa should apply. Often wonder how many pipe smokers do themselves an injustice and don't buy the superb virginas and orientals just because they are labled as cigarette tobacco. I guess if they were labled as cigarette/pipe tobacco, it might scare off potential cigarette smokers who are not aware.

Desertpipe

Actually, I have put together a pretty mixed bag of WL tobaccos to play with in the past 6 months. It was Mark Ryan who got me started on whole leaf, and his D&R pipe tobacco encouraged me to begin blending at home for my personal use. Got my VA's from WLT, and have traded a bit with Mad, here in NM.

ArizonaDave

Actually, I have put together a pretty mixed bag of WL tobaccos to play with in the past 6 months. It was Mark Ryan who got me started on whole leaf, and his D&R pipe tobacco encouraged me to begin blending at home for my personal use. Got my VA's from WLT, and have traded a bit with Mad, here in NM.

Mad is a good guy! He sent me my starter seeds for my 1st grow, and didn't take any money for it! I'll get him back someday though...

Status
Not open for further replies.