Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hi from Harrisburg PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokinghole

Hey fellow tobacco lovers. I'm a long time cigar smoker (12+ years) and recently really got really into pipes. I love most non-aromatic tobaccos especially blends containing a noticeable amount of latakia.

My cousin and I have recently decided to try and grow some tobacco together. I think we have a havana/burley hybrid (home cross) given to me by a friend in Texas and I forget what else he sent. Anyhow I'm loving pipes and I'm looking a buying some whole leaf off the site to try and make my own plugs for pipe smoking. I just need to make a vessel for pressing and I have access to a 20ton press at work.

I'm actually in the market for a small farmette type property ~10 acres with a few out buildings. If I get that I will certainly be planting some at my house, currently my cousin is handling cultivation this year.

quo155

Welcome smokinghole! I have found this place to be one of the warmest forums online...great people and a wealth of information!

DonH

Hey fellow tobacco lovers. I'm a long time cigar smoker (12+ years) and recently really got really into pipes. I love most non-aromatic tobaccos especially blends containing a noticeable amount of latakia.

My cousin and I have recently decided to try and grow some tobacco together. I think we have a havana/burley hybrid (home cross) given to me by a friend in Texas and I forget what else he sent. Anyhow I'm loving pipes and I'm looking a buying some whole leaf off the site to try and make my own plugs for pipe smoking. I just need to make a vessel for pressing and I have access to a 20ton press at work.

I'm actually in the market for a small farmette type property ~10 acres with a few out buildings. If I get that I will certainly be planting some at my house, currently my cousin is handling cultivation this year.
Welcome! If you like Latakia, be sure to check out the whole leaf Latakia at www.wholeleaftobacco.com. Whole leaf Latakia is hard to find and it makes for better pressing of your blends. If you haven't yet, you can check out this thread: http://fairtradetobacco.com/threads/1771-Homegrown-pipe-tobacco-recipes and some others in the Pipe Smokers forum here.

AmaxB

I got up by you last Sunday on my way to the National Forest, eased pass a ranger there on a trail he was releasing a Black Bear. Such pretty country I grow up in PA on the lake and have always missed it.

You've got good dirt - good luck with your tobacco grow.

holyRYO

Welcome. You have Amish around your parts that grow Marlyland 609 and Cigar leaf. It would be interesting to try to obtain some and let us know what it's like.

indianjoe

Founding Member
Welcome to the forum, get you some whole leaf from wholeleaftobacco.com and you want look back.

webmost

I got up by you last Sunday on my way to the National Forest, eased pass a ranger there on a trail he was releasing a Black Bear. Such pretty country I grow up in PA on the lake and have always missed it.

You've got good dirt - good luck with your tobacco grow.

You know, all us locals ought to pick a place and herf up this summer.

smokinghole

I plan on making a whole leaf purchase real real soon. I have my eyes on the latakia at WLT too. I'm designing my pressing mold out of 6061 aluminum for cost/and easy of machining. I will post up pics and part numbers as soon as I have it assembled. It won't be the most cost effective of molds but it will be sweet and long lasting.

I drive an hour for work to Downingtown, and drive past tobacco fields all summer. I've always wondered what type they grew and more specifically where I could buy some. I guess next time I see them in the field I can stop and ask if they wouldn't get pissed.

Seems like another nice group of people here like another forum I've been a member of since 2007, that being botl.org (mostly a cigar forum but so much more).

webmost

I drive an hour for work to Downingtown, and drive past tobacco fields all summer. I've always wondered what type they grew and more specifically where I could buy some.
It all goes to Lancaster Leaf. Unfortunately, that Lancaster Leaf has no web site and not even a catalog. I only know about them because that's where FX Smiths Sons gets all their tobacco. Shoot me a PM though with your address, and I'll send you some cigars made from that leaf. I have some all Pennsylvania dark cigars that will give you and idea what it tastes like. Not my favorite FXSS cigars; but good enough. There's also a grower up there near Downingtown. I ought to get busy and track him down too. Some day when you are passing by Intercourse, drop in at the John Hay store. They have a couple lines of cigars from tobacco grown by local Amish and rolled in the FX Smith factory. They also have a couple lines rolled in the Dominican. They keep their sticks in wretched conditions, though, so take them home and condition them first before you light up.

Have you stopped by the cigar/espresso lounge in Lancaster on Rt 30? Ugly run down store front; but real nice inside.

smokinghole

I drive through Intercourse from time to time trying to avoid traffic at Rt41 in Gap. Unless I pay $12 round trip (I76) my route to and from work can be a lose lose no matter how I go depending on the time of year. I've been meaning to stop and try some of the cigars. I remember while I was in Turkey a fellow USAF buddy was talking about Jon Hay and PA cigars since he grew up in the area.

I've never stopped at the cigar shop in Lancaster. I have always been a customer of The Tobacco Company in Hershey/Lemoyne as well as a former employee while I was in college.

webmost

Well I think I have been to their shop in Lemoyne. Dropped by on the way back from Mechanicsburg. Nice little lounge. Did not know there was one in Hershey. I'll have to ride up there some sunny day. Sold a fine BMW K75 motorcycle up in Hershey last Fall. Not too far and a scenic ride.

You're right. There are a multitude of oblique directions in Pennsyltucky where there's just no good efficient way to get from here to there. At all. Wretched little roads where you get trapped behind a geriatric and you are cooked.

But do PM me your address. I enjoy giving cigars away, so don't deny me the pleasure of mailing you some.

Status
Not open for further replies.