Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Aleman seco as a wrapper...nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gdaddy

I got my Aleman seco/ligero shipment Friday. Looks great and the smell is amazing. Better than expected. Rolled a couple up and used corojo wrapper on the left one and used the Aleman seco as a wrapper on the right. It looks incredible and with all the aging it has a rustic look with deep colors. Nothing like the boring, one dimensional colors of a maduro store bought cigar. I love the look!

Not sure of the strength so I only rolled two.

Hopefully it smokes/tastes as good as it looks. These are very conservative blends because I don't know the taste level of the Aleman. We shall see.

Corojo... wrapper (on the left)
Aleman seco... binder
Nic seco... 1/2 filler
Piloto seco...1/2 filler
Aleman... 1 leaf ligero
(this cigar has an intoxicting smell at the foot. Wow)

Aleman seco...wrapper (on the right)
Aleman seco...binder
Piloto seco...filler
Aleman...1 leaf ligero

Aleman.jpg

Gdaddy

Look great. That one on the left is OLD....says 2005. Lol.

In the cigar world Tobacco that's aged 9 years old IS considered old and well aged. Very few cigars out there will even come close to this 'vintage'.

For example, one of the most sought after cigars... 'Padron 1926 Anniversary' has 5 year old aged tobacco and they brag about that. (my tobacco is almost twice that age!)

'Vintage' is on many other cigars like RP 'Royal Vintage' is 7 year old wrapper or the 'Gran Habano' is 2002 wrapper just to name a few.

ArizonaDave

In the cigar world Tobacco that's aged 9 years old IS considered old and well aged. Very few cigars out there will even come close to this 'vintage'.

For example, one of the most sought after cigars... 'Padron 1926 Anniversary' has 5 year old aged tobacco and they brag about that. (my tobacco is almost twice that age!)

'Vintage' is on many other cigars like RP 'Royal Vintage' is 7 year old wrapper or the 'Gran Habano' is 2002 wrapper just to name a few.

You're right! Don's leaf is superior :)

Gdaddy

I got my Aleman seco/ligero shipment Friday. Looks great and the smell is amazing. Better than expected. Rolled a couple up and used corojo wrapper on the left one and used the Aleman seco as a wrapper on the right. It looks incredible and with all the aging it has a rustic look with deep colors. Nothing like the boring, one dimensional colors of a maduro store bought cigar. I love the look!

Not sure of the strength so I only rolled two.

Hopefully it smokes/tastes as good as it looks. These are very conservative blends because I don't know the taste level of the Aleman. We shall see.

Corojo... wrapper (on the left)
Aleman seco... binder
Nic seco... 1/2 filler
Piloto seco...1/2 filler
Aleman... 1 leaf ligero
(this cigar has an intoxicting smell at the foot. Wow)

Aleman seco...wrapper (on the right)
Aleman seco...binder
Piloto seco...filler
Aleman...1 leaf ligero

View attachment 10508

Just a quick follow up. These are probably the most enjoyable cigars I've rolled. Have smoked them both and it's a toss up which is best. The addition of the aged Aleman makes for a very smooth cigar and would be a good addition to almost any blend. Been doing several variations of this blend including throwing in a little Nic ligero blended with the Aleman ligero. The additional ligero makes a nice flavor boost to the overall cigar.

ArizonaDave

Just a quick follow up. These are probably the most enjoyable cigars I've rolled. Have smoked them both and it's a toss up which is best. The addition of the aged Aleman makes for a very smooth cigar and would be a good addition to almost any blend. Been doing several variations of this blend including throwing in a little Nic ligero blended with the Aleman ligero. The additional ligero makes a nice flavor boost to the overall cigar.

Sounds great. I've been using the Aleman Oscuro on many of my blends as a wrapper. It's just right as a wrapper! Thanks for the suggestion! I'm limited on on Wrappers right now, but plan on getting one on Wednesday so I can also try the Oscuro as a binder.
I was surprised on how many wrappers I was able to procure out of this order! I've set aside the binder material until after I get in a wrapper. Then I'd like to add the Aleman Liguero and the Aleman Seco Banda.

Status
Not open for further replies.