Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Magic Aroma Tobacco Flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

willzo1

I heard about whole leaf tobacco a while ago and ordered my first batch the other day (hasn't arrived yet) and I came across this whole-leaf-tobacco.co.uk/Magic_Aroma_Tobacco_Flavour_which offers camel and marlboro flavoring which could possibly be of use for people hoping to get that flavor. however, a google search didn't reveal anything about it so i'm slightly dubious. Has anybody has any experience with using this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Howdy willzo, welcome to the forum. The only casing I have tried was from www.wholeleaftobacco.com. The founder of this forum owns the leaf business too. Here's his casings: http://www.wholeleaftobacco.com/Cigarette-Tobacco-Casings_c25.htm

It's just going to be a matter of personal preference. Try all three and find the one you like with the blend you end up with. You may find you prefer your own blend to any Camel or Marlboro. I know I do. Best of luck to you. If you have any more questions there's somebody here that's likely to have an answer.

smoker

I was reading that boh Camel and Marlboro use some Prilep oriental in the blend. How much I do not know. My estimation is that the oriental portion is more than normal for both... at least 11% or more probably more. Maybe 80% Izmir and 20% Prilep would work as the oriental "spice" portion, I don''t really know their ratios . I am new to all of this so all I have to go by is what I have read. The formulas do change all the time so what I read may be severely outdated. I was looking at a site that was all about scents and flavorings that had tobacco flavors. Many of the same chemicals were listed in cigarette additives. Things I'd rather not be consuming in any form.... no way.

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
The crap they put in what You want to duplicate is a wast of time. The % of tobacco You posted for the blend is so far off. I like both back in the day- now I like a three part blend. Some times 10 -20 % Oriental (Turkish), 30-40% Vg. Different types. And some Bursa or what ever to make My likeing for the season. 80 % Turkish Izmir has no punch, Flavor yes. No nicotin. But smoooooth.

smoker

I meant 80% of the 12% total or whatever. 80 % of 12 would be 9.6.units izmir and 2.4 units Prilep. It's just a guess but I saw a general type document on the oriental portion of cigarette blends and a common mix was.... 80% Izmir 10% Yugoslav 10% Greek. This is what I'm going on.

willzo1

Thanks for the link knucklehead, looks like the casing I'm looking for but it preferably needs to be from the UK. As i'm new to this whole thing I just ordered some burley and virginia and will probably go for 70% virginia and 30% burley which will hopefully be a good starting point. The casing I mentioned earlier looks pretty good but it has no mention of FDA approved ingredients and I can't find anything about it online so i'm not entirely sure whether to go for it.

smoker

The site I mentioned is called .perfumersapprentice. Evidently they had changed things around. They did have a kit of tobacconist accessories but obviously it has been discontinued. Also the food flavorings ( I see no reason why one would want tobacco flavored food) were being used in e -cigarettes and there (was) a warning that it was not recommended by them. I wouldnt even mess with artificial flavors. I've not tried an e-cigarette but I can't imagine it tasting the same. Better yet, natural flavors of the different tobaccos in a blend tho that may be difficult. I agree that trying to closely duplicate is a waste of time.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I see no reason why one would want tobacco flavored food...
The olfactory areas of the brain are closely tied to emotional response. [The aroma of brewing coffee. Biscuits baking in the oven. Meat on the grill.] Nearly every commercial pipe tobacco and cigarette brand adds subtle (or not so subtle) food flavoring to the product. Candles and car deodorants are often food flavored. Kitty litter often contains anise.

If the food flavoring is subtle enough, it tweaks an emotion, without triggering recognition of the food flavor. We often use (sometimes absurd) food references to describe even pure tobacco flavors and aromas: creamy, chocolate, fig, prune, fruity. Our limited vocabulary of true tobacco characteristics draws us into food allusions.

In our civilized world, we add food flavor to drinking water, coffee, room "fresheners," shampoo and soap. It's all an olfactory marketing game--a game of subliminal emotion.

All that having been said, I find the limitless variety of natural tobacco flavors and aromas fun, and a joyous process of experimentation.

Bob

Boboro

Im a junkie for flavors and smells in my backer. The smell of roastin backer is fillin the house now. But I ant sayin chocolate vanilla coconut cake.

willzo1

Sorry for the late reply but I used the casing which I posted about above and it's incredible. When I used it with 70% red leaf and 30% burley it has that distinctive flavor you'd recognize in a marlboro but is even sweeter and more flavorful

Status
Not open for further replies.