Havanna
Maryland 609
Ottoman
Samsun
Dark fire / air cured
True Conn. Broad Leaf

Let me know if anyone needs plants .

Larry
Hi Larry, I'd love to buy some plants and try growing myself. I have a small space and know these plants can grow quite tall. I am a total beginner at tobacco growing but have had success with other types of plants. I've been smoking for 46 years and am sick and tired of the MA cigarette tax and the mystery additives. I'm hoping I can have a little success and take care of my own needs. What plants would you recommend for cigarettes? I smoke American Spirit. Could you please quote me some prices? I think I only have enough room for maybe 8 plants. Is it very hard to grow? I really appreciate having access to this information and folks like me who want to be more self sustaining. Thanks a lot Larry! keemo7

DGBAMA

Growing 8 plants would be more of an education than anything. Not enough to support any kind of habit. But it is fun, and I highly recommend giving it a go.

To get away from chemicals and high prices/taxes, just buy whole leaf, already cured from WLT.

http://wholeleaftobacco.com/

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum, Keemo.

Be sure to check out the Growers' FAQ (link at the top of every page). Unless you're planning an indoor grow, I suspect that it's too late to start this year (if "MA" indicates Massachusetts). [If you place your general location into your profile, it will appear beside each of your posts, and will make it easier for members to respond to your questions and comments.]

Most American cigarettes are a blend of flue-cured (Virginia or "bright leaf"), burley and Oriental. Since you can expect a yield of maybe 1/4 pound of cured leaf per plant, a grow of 8 plants can potentially give you less than 2 pounds of tobacco, after the stems are removed.

You may want to consider plans for 2016, growing only flue-cured and an Oriental.

Bob

robmww

Larry, my sons and I have a cigar store in Pittsburgh, PA. We would like to decorate the outside of the store with a few real tobacco plants for our education and that of our clients. Would you be able to help us?

Thanks
Bob

BigBonner

Founding Member
Here is my 2016 plant list . They are $1.50 each plus shipping . Large amounts get cheaper . Won't be long until I start planting these plants in my fields

Ottoman
Samson
Bursa
Virginia Bright Leaf
K326 Flue cured
Maryland 609
Yellow Twist Bud
Silver River
Burley Tn90 and nc 777
PA Wrapper
Habano 2000
Florida Sumatra
Ct Broadleaf
CT Shade
9.Vuelta Abajo
Rustica
KY 171

Danny Babber

First time grower. Who like to buy some plants. Looking for cigar tobacco. I live in southern California. Looking forward on growing my own.

Let me know what plants would work for me.

Danny

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
PA Wrapper
Habano 2000
Florida Sumatra
Ct Broadleaf
CT Shade
9.Vuelta Abajo

Take your pick, all perfect for cigars. Do some searching around the site for those types to learn more about them and private message bigbonner to set up an order

I got the vuelta abajo from him, and can testify to the perfect plants received and quick delivery personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.