Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

I'v been trying to get this

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
A newly manufactured mold would likely cost $100. Back about 5 years ago, when many cigar factories were replacing their wood molds with the new milled plastic molds, you could pick them up for $20 to $40 each. Although the one in the photo is pretty, the center positions of the top are cracked away, so you wouldn't be able to use all the slots. Many of the $20 and $40 ones were similarly damaged.

If you prefer cigars that short, then $80 is not outrageous, but simply high.

Bob

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Keep an eye on ebay. There are some good deals out there. Just keep watching the prices and stick to your guns on your bids. I got a nice small ring gauge perfecto mold like that for about $30.00 the other day. Don't buy the first thing you see. There are always some out there.

Stay away from the ones that have been refinished or "restored", there's no telling what that varnish, lacquer or whatever the ignorant nuts put on those things will taste like if you use if for making cigars.

El Gallo

Im with Knucklehead on this one, I would just wait for a better mould, theres so many out there a good deal is just a matter of being patient.

quo155

I'd forget that one (the one you showed us)! And, I'd do as suggested and keep an eye on them on eBay...or better yet, buy you one for half the others guy's price...if not cheaper! JMHO

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
Ya. I told Him that 20. bucks is all I would go. I really don't need one. I thought it would be nice to put on the table to show and help My buddies try to roll to fit it. Most of the time I won't put a wraper on unless I roll for My wife or for show.(flavors as well)

Status
Not open for further replies.