Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

My latetest Meer Aquisition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
I picked this up from Ebay about a month ago for $15.00. It's pretty cool. Basically it's just a "rock" of meer that someone drilled a hole for the tobacco and another for the stem. I have tried it yet.

DSCN1598.jpg

istanbulin

Founding Member
It looks interesting. Chamber looks a little small but I guess it smokes good. Nice ! BTW. where is the "meer" from ?

istanbulin

Founding Member
Where else is meerschaum mined?

Wikipedia says ;

Meerschaum is also found, though less abundantly, in Greece, as at Thebes, and in the islands of Euboea and Samos. It occurs also in serpentine at Hrubschitz near Kromau in Moravia. Additionally, meerschaum is found to a limited extent at certain localities in France and Spain, and is known in Morocco. In the United States, it occurs in serpentine in Pennsylvania (as at Nottingham, Chester County) and in South Carolina and Utah.

But I don't know if it's mined in the locations above. But I know there're mines in Tanzania and Kenya.

quo155

I've never been interested in a meer pipe...but after seeing this one, that is one cool looking pipe!

-Can't wait to hear how she smokes!!!

El Gallo

People come up with the coolest ideas, that's one bad ass pipe, Fred Flintstone would've had one if he smoked. I had an Uncle that was always smokin a pipe, loved the smell of that tobacco. I tried smokin one but , just didnt feel natural, soo I'm stricken with my big fat cigars.

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
It looks like a knotch in the bottom for Your thumb? That will make some one look when You smoke it. Out of the ordinary is a good thing! You can roll pipe tobacco in Your cigars El Cubanito? If You roll it correct it can look like a pipe.

Desertpipe

A fun Meer pipe made from a meerschaum nodule (a natural occurrence in the mines in Turkey), and left in it's natural form. Most of the other forms of meerschaum found in other locations are not commercially viable to mine for pipes, the exception being the African meer mined for the Laxley Pipe Company. Those pipes are usually colored and calcined (hardened) to make them viable as pipe material.

Good find...I have not seen a lot of them in that natural form.

Status
Not open for further replies.