Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

I need a good hidden camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBonner

Founding Member
Thief cut wooden post off and took gate and all along with chains and locks .

Here is why I need a good hidden camera . One that takes pictures ( prefer motion ) at night that a thief can not see .

On my other farm where my son lives there is a road leading from his house out the backside of the farm .
At the top of a hill I have two gates locked to keep our farm secure . The gates are over a half mile from my son's house .They are in a fork on my property and the county road goes to these two gates .
There is no electric available and no houses close to the gates .

Game camera is hard to hide and may not pick up from the distance I have to hide them at . Close may be easily seen and then the game camera will get stolen.

Camera needs ??

Night and day pictures
Motion activated
DVR recorder
Concealed easy to hide
Battery operated up to six months
Good quality pictures
75 feet distance to gate

Any suggestions ?

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
You can call ADT for that. We installed a wierless remote via SAT on a site here. Stolen was 1/4 milion dollars of copper wire we had to replace. You can set it up with the eye to reflector. to set it off when someone breaks the beam and works a longways off.Then You can catch them in the act. It alerts the police as well. Put up a 10-50 JOUL hot wire fence as well. 5 is good for 10 mile fence. A 5 JOUL is about 50 bucks plus the fence wire and insulators. One wire is it.. K9's are easy to kill out side of a large area. Odds are they won't know any one has been there.You can make some pull to drive spikes up as well. easy to make with a welder and lock. When You pull out and lock the fence, Pull the arm of the spikes and lock it inside of a pipe. If they drive over it they get flats. I hope this helped?

BigBonner

Founding Member
I have plenty of guns from a 22 to a 338 mag and 12 ga buck shot , shovel , tractor and loader for dirt replacement .

Here is a picture of what I am having to deal with . The gate stolen is the one on the right .

UDLIL77.jpg

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
Are both of them Yours? Another thing BigBonner is fear. Like a dull knife or an empty gun will get a man killed. Put up reflective signs that say" If You are reading this, Your license plates are recorded, and on vidio" The authoreties have been alerted as well as I. Call befor You have this problem in the feauture.

forumdotabaco

We have the same problem here, they steal all the metal they can, people used cameras, motion detectors, etc nothing worked, because they will also steal them, when people started to use trained dogs by the police things changed, by k9s I meant trained dogs, you can only kill them with guns and that will alert the owners of the farm.

LeftyRighty

Founding Member
in this area, game cameras are usually stolen, unless well camoflaged. Most hunters get very creative to mask their cameras - nothing but the lens and motion detector are uncovered. Cameras hidden in brush piles, dirt/rock bank, tree notches & covered with bark, set back in hollow log, etc. Also, never tell anyone you have cameras set out - word gets around.

forumdotabaco

here to, you must have a licence, but hey bigbonner as a farm to protect and probably a family living in that farm, here we had in the past, and in remote zones people kidnapped in his own farms and some killed to, technologies didn't helped them
5 trained dogs are expensive to buy, to train and to maintain but they will protect the farms against everything even bears, wild pigs, etc.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Undesirable target:
In northern Minnesota, where they have Moose Crossing signs along the highways, tourists kept stealing the signs. Their solution was to smear axle grease over the backs of the signs. This worked. The signs served their purpose, but were too icky to be a tempting target of theft.

Immune to common theft tools:
Many State Parks here had a problem with hunters using bolt cutters to unlock closed gates. Their solution was to use a vertical section of 5" steel pipe at the latch end. When the gate is closed, the padlock that locks it is accessible only through a small opening in the pipe. You can fit your finger tips in there, and unlock it with a key, but bolt cutters won't fit.

Bob

BigBonner

Founding Member
Are both of them Yours? Another thing BigBonner is fear. Like a dull knife or an empty gun will get a man killed. Put up reflective signs that say" If You are reading this, Your license plates are recorded, and on vidio" The authoreties have been alerted as well as I. Call befor You have this problem in the feauture.

Mad

My land starts about 500 feet before the gates . There is a cattle guard back behind where I took that picture and my land starts there and runs straight to the left to the right a little . 136 acre farm but after you drive down the left road to my son's house it opens up and lays almost flat , tobacco , corn , hay and cattle land . .

Boboro

My folks great dane malled a 10 year old last week. he was behind a gate and had picked on the dog. they want let us have our dog back an it drivein my folks crazy. He was a deputy's kid and we think he also messed with the dog.

BigBonner

Founding Member
I am currently working on a new gate . The post ( hanging side ) is six inch round pipe 9' 4" long . Two holes cut through it for gate hinge bolts to go through . Hinges and bolts will be mig welded .Then hole and inside will be filled with concrete .

On the latch end , six inch steel pipe eight feet long . I will be making a box to weld on the side . It will have a hole cut in it like a key way . The gate will have angle iron welded together with a small pipe with thick flat piece of metal to fit the key way . Hole will be drilled in the key way for a lock . This way there will be no chain to cut and the lock will not be easy to get to .

Thieves have gotten smarter . Battery powered 4 inch grinders with cutting wheels are what they use now days in places where noise it not much of a problem .

I worry about them cutting the hinge bolts off and taking a sledge hammer to the lock end and beating the locking mechanism off . Remember it is a half a mile away from my son's house and in the middle of the night it would be nearly impossible to hear .

Laws in our state is not for the innocent but more for the thieves . Trespasser's may get hurt and sue the land owner . We can only use deadly force if our life is threatened . But that is a whole different story to be made up latter .

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I have two of these on our property, one in my parents driveway so I know if someone goes up there in the middle of the night, and one on down the road so I can hear if they try to go around the back way. The probe is a buried metal detector, so motion does not set it off. Too many false alarms from deer and wind will cause you to start ignoring a motion detector. They work a long way off, and you can have up to four probes to the same base station. It will say "Alert Zone One" - "Alert Zone Four" so you know which probe someone has driven by. They sell a cover that looks like a bird house to hide the remote monitor. The remote monitor runs off batteries, the base station in the house runs off 110V. There is a cable that runs from the remote monitor to the buried probe. I've caught several people and talk real nice to them while I very nicely explain what's going to happen if they come back. I'm always carrying a shot gun so I speak softly. I have never had to warn the same person twice. It works. One remote monitor comes in the kit, you can buy more separately. http://www.amazon.com/Kit-1-MAPS-M538-BS/dp/B001C7ABKY/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1400452055&sr=8-6&keywords=dakota+alert+murs

Knucklehead

Founding Member
You can also buy an extra base station and monitor the same probes from your house and your son's house at the same time. They also have a portable hand held that you can take with you in the truck to monitor the alarm.

The company website: http://www.dakotaalert.com/

forumdotabaco

soon or later technology will fail, or because no one noticed the alarm, or it doesn't have battery , or no one is at home so many things can let technology down and thieves know them and overcome them, you cant full a trained dog, plus the dogs will detect thieves before they enter the farm, is true that dogs can kill or hurt the thieves, and the family or the thief can sue the land owner after, but if you have a fence and dog alert signs they cant argue.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
I have two of these on our property, one in my parents driveway so I know if someone goes up there in the middle of the night, and one on down the road so I can hear if they try to go around the back way.

Knucks, You surprise me. You seem more like a "I have a shotgun tied to a string that goes across the driveway" kind of guy...:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.