Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 77
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 77

forumdotabaco

Today I found one in a city garden that really looks tobacco, same structure of plant, same structure and lengthen of the leaf, but the leaf is thinner and doesn't have smell or stickiness,I will post a pick tomorrow.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
20 years ago my neighbor came over and showed me that plant that was growing in my field. He said it was wild tobacco. I believed him until I started growing my own tobacco and quickly realized it was mullein. I never did correct him though because he was proud of that fact that when he was a kid he used to pluck it from the field and smoke "real" tobacco

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Wooly mullein is one of those rare, easily identifiable plants that are safe to use to wipe your butt in the woods. It's even fuzzy.

Bob

BigBonner

Founding Member
People here do call it Indian tobacco . They used it for asthma and smoking .

Lonnie over at how to grow tobacco made chew with Mullein . He sent me a sample and It was very , very good .

Matty

We have mullein everywhere around here. Some places it fills the ditches. Yeah, I've smoked it before. I've seen this stuff grow it's central stalk up over 6 feet tall and near 2 inch in diameter.

forumdotabaco

This are the 2 species I've found that look like tobacco, they are both at the same place.

number 1

IMG_5331.jpgIMG_5332.jpgIMG_5334.jpgIMG_5336.jpgIMG_5341.jpg

number 2

IMG_5337.jpgIMG_5338.jpgIMG_5344.jpgIMG_5345.jpg

leafs

IMG_5339.jpg

Brown Thumb

We have mullein everywhere around here. Some places it fills the ditches. Yeah, I've smoked it before. I've seen this stuff grow it's central stalk up over 6 feet tall and near 2 inch in diameter.
Does it have nicotine in it?

forumdotabaco

I never saw a tobacco plant, but the one that as white coat, the number 1 as a strange smell.
I guess for me finding them is good, because they aren't damaged by bugs or pests and they growing wildly in a city park.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Be sure to wait for them to blossom, then get a photograph of the blossom head for identification. The leaf with trichomes (tiny, fuzzy hairs) looks like Nicotiana.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.