Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

transparent dots on leaves

Status
Not open for further replies.

buck

I started seeing this on my plants. I keep them indoor over night and out on the balcony during the day.
I don't see any bugs or anything that I can make out as bugs anywhere on the leaf. Besides this the plants are doing well.

At first I thought they were pin holes but it's the green that is gone and what remains just transparent.

Any ideas what this is ?

IMG_20140523_203916.jpgIMG_20140523_204054.jpg

BarG

Founding Member
Definitely a pest. It probably wont continue after the stage your plants are in. They are more vulnerable at a young stage.
Youll be fine. Keep an eye on them.

Ben Brand

Buck
Not an expert. I`m consulting my tobacco file, and I`m going to have to translate this from Afrikaans_ Dutch to English (so please excuse the English).
Wildfire- Pale green-yellow spot +-6mm- with light yellow sone around spot. It doesn`t say if the spot are transparent.

This one Iv`e got off hte internet

Rhizoctonia Diseases in Tobacco Greenhouses
Basidiospores of Thanatephorus are produced in hymenia, which are formed on the soil surface, on infected stems, and on leaves during period of high relative humidity, prolonged leaf wetness, and moderate temperature.
RHIZO18.JPG

RHIZO8.JPG

Figure 1 (top) Target spot; (bottom) Hymenium on the lower stem at the soil surface.
Symptoms
Rhizoctonia solani causes two types of diseases on tobacco seedlings in greenhouses: target spot caused byR. solani strain AG3 in most cases, and stem rot, sore shin, or damping-off caused by R. solani strain AG4.
Target spot. This disease is usually observed as small foci when the canopy is already formed (high humidity and high temperature). Symptoms on leaves begin as small, round, water-soaked spots about 2-3 mm in diameter (figure 1). Under favorable conditions these lesions enlarge rapidly, becoming light green, almost transparent, with irregular margins and chlorotic halos. In infested areas, lower leaves turn brown and stick to the surface of the tray and the presence of brown spider-like webs (mycelium) may be observed attached to leaves and stems. When periods of high relative humidity, prolonged leaf wetness, and moderate temperature are present, cream color hyphae (hymenium) are formed on the soil surface, on infected stems, and on leaves (figure 1). Then production of spores start which are wind dispersed all over the greenhouse. When conditions are not favorable for basidiospore production (low moisture), leaf spot isolates may cause damping-off and sore shin of tobacco seedlings. This strain, in a few cases, kills the plant.

HOPE THIS WILL HELP.
I would suggest you let your plants dry off a bit, and try and get them in the sun, even for just a few hrs a day.
Good luck
Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.