Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Close up view making the triple cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gdaddy

Most everyone knows how to make a pigtail end. After all it's a natural way to end the cigar. Heck, you're half way there!

Just tighten up the pigtail and cut it to a nub and tuck it/hide it in the end of the cigar. I use a small pointed knife to help tuck it in nice and flat.

The flag is the part that's most mystifying and has everyone baffled. So here goes an easy to understand explanation to help end the confusion. Hope it helps!

Cigar flag 1.jpg
Cigar flag 2.jpg

If you look closely at the photo of this cigar you'll see that the flag went straight around the cigar then naturally curved toward the cap to finish and that's why the flag is cut into the shape that it is.

Cigar flag 3.jpg

Everyone knows how to do the cap so I won't go into that but the cap then seals the finished seam of the flag as shown.

moscca

Very informative, I will definately try it in a while.
Thanks for shearing,

Jan.

Bruck

Most everyone knows how to make a pigtail end. After all it's a natural way to end the cigar. Heck, you're half way there!

Just tighten up the pigtail and cut it to a nub and tuck it/hide it in the end of the cigar. I use a small pointed knife to help tuck it in nice and flat.

The flag is the part that's most mystifying and has everyone baffled. So here goes an easy to understand explanation to help end the confusion. Hope it helps!

If you look closely at the photo of this cigar you'll see that the flag went straight around the cigar then naturally curved toward the cap to finish and that's why the flag is cut into the shape that it is.

Everyone knows how to do the cap so I won't go into that but the cap then seals the finished seam of the flag as shown.

Nice explanation, Don! I'm gradually figuring this out :)

quo155

Awesome...Awesome...Awesome! (Hey its a "triple" cap so you deserved 3 awesome's!)

Thanks for this, very helpful and greatly needed!

pacman

great details, seen it done before but this really breaks it down, thanx

Gdaddy

Tried to triple cap some cigars last night using this method, still struggling my arse off. Comes out all wrinkled. Practice I suppose.

Imagine your holding a piece of wooden dowel and your simply going to roll a piece of scotch tape straight around the end of the dowel. Same thing except it's a strip of tobacco instead of tape.

If it comes out wrinkled then take if off and do it over again. After a few attempts you'll see how easy it is.

MarcL

The problem I have at this stage is the tightness, maybe I must pull it tighter or maybe I`m pulling it to tight. Will deff practice some more.

I'm wondering if Your flag is moist enough. It really needs to stretch around the contour of the head. A thicker part of a leaf will not be as stretchy.

ArizonaDave

Imagine your holding a piece of wooden dowel and your simply going to roll a piece of scotch tape straight around the end of the dowel. Same thing except it's a strip of tobacco instead of tape.

If it comes out wrinkled then take if off and do it over again. After a few attempts you'll see how easy it is.

A few attempts for most people, I probably hold the most attempts record, ha ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.