Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

2014 need for seed

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Don't feel like you need to bag the entire head either unless you are doing a business. A single flower, honestly, would be more than sufficient.

cclancy

a size comparison of the varieties same age .from the outset the latakia appears the largest ,sprouting from the first day

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 31

cclancy

repotting the latakia

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 30

cclancy

Izmir Ozbis after just removing the plastic start of the 4th day

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 29

cclancy

Here are some good threads about the Latakia process: http://fairtradetobacco.com/forums/31-Latakia

I don't think anyone has conclusively determined exactly which variety has traditionally been used to produce Latakia. We're pretty sure it was an Oriental.

thanks that was very interesting ,i had only heard about farmers curing the strung hands from their roof beams before but if i had to extract something from that i liked this quote

/// I'll post some info here on Latakia from an 1863 book I have. It kind of jives with your latest post. The author says ( if I remember correctly) that Latakia tobacco was made from Rustica as well as a few other types. I suspect that the Latakia that is smoked today is totally different from that of 150 years ago. Tobacco blends/formulas change to meet the changing desires of society.////

Same as a person on the land today you might use everything you had available and that might include some tobaccos that weren't that palatable or tasty before the curing process as in a mix of orientals and rustica

cclancy

Only as suckers. What are the approximate length and width of these?

These are not only on suckers but on the main stem of plants as well, they are 100mm or 10 cm length and 2 to 4 cm width though they do vary and are quite hard and rigid with the leaf material quite thick

cclancy

They were located from the top to the bottom now i only see them from the middle to the bottom leaves .some were no more than a centre rib with a slight feathering of leaf either side and very hard and firm ,and it also was only a couple that looked quite differant while others around it looked completely normal . and no i looked at frenching i don't think it looked like that it was thinner with no point of the leaf , rounded on the end only.

DGBAMA

One trait of frenching is the main rib normally stays green. What variety are they? A white stem burly like ytb could look like that with frenching leaves.

Any chance they have been over watered?

cclancy

One trait of frenching is the main rib normally stays green. What variety are they? A white stem burly like ytb could look like that with frenching leaves.

Any chance they have been over watered?

We have had a lot of storms and rain so yes they have had a lot ,but still no brown spots or fungus kill anything .i thought they were virginia but they just looked so differant and shorter than the others apart from the funny leaves looked perfectly healthy

Status
Not open for further replies.