Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

ready to try rolling my own cigars

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveSatch

What do I actually buy on the WLT store? All I know is I need something for filler, binder, and wrapper. That's the extent of my knowledge. I've never done this before. I have no molds or any supplies of any kind. I know my cigars will be ugly at first but that doesn't bother me since like rustic looking cigars.
Steve

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum. You might start with the cigar sampler pack: http://www.wholeleaftobacco.com/Cigar-Tobacco-Sampler-CGRsampler.htm for a variety of filler, and select any wrapper variety (Habano 2000 if you like smooth and mild; Ecuador Maduro for a darker, more intense wrapper). Use any sturdy leaf in the batch for binder.

You don't really need supplies--not even glue or a chaveta. For any cutting, a knife with a slightly curved blade (not serrated) will work. Just bunch the filler. Wrap it in a snug binder, then apply the wrapper. You can close the head by twisting a pigtail. Without glue, you'll need to stick the cigar into your mouth as soon as you cut the head.

Happy cigar making.

Bob

moscca

Welcome Steve, I started also recently with rolling cigars without experience. But a lot of nice folks here to help you out.

Suerte !!

Jan.

webmost

Steve, here's another way to go: See how the members above have added their general location to their member profile? Try to find one close to you. Then send him a private message asking if you can come over and watch him roll a couple. Bring a six pack and make a friend. Nothing like seeing the thing happen live. Or post your general location and see if some other member will step up and show you. Can't hurt to ask.

Then get the WLT sampler kit and go to town.

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
Steve, here's another way to go: See how the members above have added their general location to their member profile? Try to find one close to you. Then send him a private message asking if you can come over and watch him roll a couple. Bring a six pack and make a friend. Nothing like seeing the thing happen live. Or post your general location and see if some other member will step up and show you. Can't hurt to ask.

Then get the WLT sampler kit and go to town.
Well Steve, I am in the cigar rollin comp. from webmost in the WORLD. I think You can beat My roll as well as any.. You will be the best with this good site and help.. MAD OSHEA! PS: I suck. Just try!!!!! Get the point? WELCOME! PSS" I do not use a mold or help on a roll- Just do it and enjoy. WAA --- Just get in Buddy, It's all good..

Bruck

+1 on in-person lessons if possible, but it's not mandatory. There are a lot of good youtube videos that will help you get started. & you don't need a lot of equipment & supplies. I would recommend a good cutting board, a chaveta (I use a pizza knife), some cigar glue such as gum arabic, and a spray bottle with distilled water (the wrapper and binder go on better if they're a little damp.

Eventually you might want to get or make some molds but they're not necessary if you're not going after showroom quality :)

Status
Not open for further replies.