Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Info On casing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Thanks Gdaddy. You told me what I want to know. What department in Walmart has citric acid? Powder is better than liquid for making a 2% solution, seems to me.

Would you spray the whole leaf or the shredded finished blend?CT

No need to go farther than wall mart, canning section.
http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/Ball-Citric-Acid-Additive/20469602

If you're casing cigarette tobacco, I'd case it after shredding. The shredders get gunked up bad enough as it is, without any sticky stuff added.

This thread is like Prego, it's in there. :)

ZigZagZeppelin

I've made eliquid since July 2012, for my family, friends and a few loyal locals.

The concentrates used to flavor eliquid can be bought online at many places (The Flavor Apprentice, Nicotine River, RTS Vapes, Wizard Labs, Capella, LorAnn's, Flavor West, Bull City, Liquid Barn and many others). These are used in foods, eliquids and I am positive they will work best in a casing. They are basically very strongly flavored pg (propylene glycol).......U will likely need to dilute them with distilled water, possibly as much as 50/50......insert them in a misting bottle and there u have your casing. 100's of flavors are available.........I'd avoid buying menthol crystals if you are a menthol smoker like myself, instead buy LIQUID menthol suspended in pg.

~Bill

I also have liquid 100 mg nicotine and will likely add about 9 mg nicotine to my casing to enhance throat hit and nicotine levels, as I bought all Virginia Flue leaves ( 4 types) and no burley or throat hit types.

Maxi

Hola Hola a todos. Muy interesante este hilo.
The case is that the use of sugars as casing will serve in a mixture that predominates the flue-cured, to sweeten, not to remove the bite. And the use of acids I don't understand useful in them either... What additives do you use (for a straight Virginia) to soften the bite, raising your ph?

Maxi

[QUOTE = "Alpine, publicación: 184289, miembro: 210701219"]
Burley :frio:
[/CITAR]

Yes, of course. I'm talking about a straight Virginia. Where there are only virginias. Where you don't put Perique, Burley, kentucky, Dark-air to raise the ph. What kind of casing is used?

Knucklehead

Founding Member
[QUOTE = "Alpine, publicación: 184289, miembro: 210701219"]
Burley :frio:
[/CITAR]

Yes, of course. I'm talking about a straight Virginia. Where there are only virginias. Where you don't put Perique, Burley, kentucky, Dark-air to raise the ph. What kind of casing is used?

This says citrus based but that’s all I know.

Maxi

This says citrus based but that’s all I know.

I've seen it. That's why I was asking. I understand how to raise the ph with alkaline tobacco, and in the Burley, use flue-cured or citrus casing to lower the ph. What I don't understand is to use citrus casing (acid) to correct flue-cured bite problems.

It's not so much for.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
"Citrus based" may mean lemonene, which is the flavor of lemon. It is not quite as acidic as citric acid. I have no secret information on that proprietary casing.

The wide-ranging sensory inputs from our tongue and nose are are conflated and re-interpreted by our brain, to yield a categorized taste/aroma. With pure tobaccos, the issue of tongue bite (front or rear) is fairly clear. The pH that I often speak of impacting tongue bite is the pH of the smoke, rather than the pH of the tobacco. So, after it has burned, what is its pH? If you add chemicals and flavorants, I have only a poor grasp of how that may affect tongue bite.

Bob

Maxi

"Citrus based" may mean lemonene, which is the flavor of lemon. It is not quite as acidic as citric acid. I have no secret information on that proprietary casing.

The wide-ranging sensory inputs from our tongue and nose are are conflated and re-interpreted by our brain, to yield a categorized taste/aroma. With pure tobaccos, the issue of tongue bite (front or rear) is fairly clear. The pH that I often speak of impacting tongue bite is the pH of the smoke, rather than the pH of the tobacco. So, after it has burned, what is its pH? If you add chemicals and flavorants, I have only a poor grasp of how that may affect tongue bite.

Bob

Thanks Beto.

I think I'm getting a little bit of it.

Maxi

Bob
Thank you Beto. I think I understand

vilbertob

I read in this forum some contradictory information. If I spray citric acid on a Virginia leaf, I lower the ph of the smoke already low enough in pure virginia smoke .... and therefore I increase the burning of the tongue. Is that so or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.